Chapter 1

March 8, 2014
I look out my misty wet window and ask myself...Why? Why always me? I'm losing friends, and family. Maybe I should just give up or might as well give up my life. I don't want to deal with anyone anymore. Sometimes I feel like my happiness is just decreasing more and more everyday. Is everything my fault? I would like to see what changes would happen in this world, if I was gone. knock knock knock! Sweetie, dinners ready! My mother calls out. "I'll be there in a bit", I said as I was putting my notebook away. As I was walking in the hallway to the smoky kitchen, I wiped away my tears on my clean white sleeve. I put myself back together and pushed my hair back in a ponytail, looking like I had a perfect life. As I sat down on the dinning table I notice a letter on the middle of the table. Fried chicken with mash potatoes and peas is what we're having today, my mother says. I reach for the letter as my mother was severing food on my plate. I stabbed open the letter and started reading carefully.

Dear Mrs. Vanderwood,
Thank you for choosing North Carolina Mind Camp for Teens (NCMCT). this camp is for troubled teens. In this camp your daughter will be learning how to be all of the following: Mature, selfless, humble, brave, knowledgeable, and have manners. Your daughter will be a better her. You will be raising a high class daughter. Your daughter will be kept at camp all summer and will mail you on the weekends. No phones or any electronics will be held at this camp. We have strict guards at night for late night escapers or for any suspicions activity going on. We look forward seeing your daughter this summer.
Sincerely,
Jennifer Peterson

"So I see I'm not good enough for you huh?" I said as she sat my plate of food in front of me. "What are you talking about honey", my mother says. I'm saying I'm not good enough for you and I was a mistake huh. I read the letter mom! "I can't believe your doing this to me, I thought you trusted me?" And I trusted you! "Honey I can explain, I was going to tell you this while we were eating." No mom, I don't want to hear anything from you! I lost my appetite, I'm leaving". Where are you going, my mother said. "anywhere but here!"