4:murder?

Wednesday, 3:04 AM
I was in a peaceful deep sleep when I got awoken by a voice coming from what sounded like under my bed.

"Kill him" The voice said. I slowly got out of bed and laid on the floor, peeking under my bed.

"Where are you?" I squinted my eyes, confused. The voice let a cackling laugh out.

"Oh sweetheart I'm not under your bed, I'm inside your head." It said.

"Ok well leave me the hell alone. I'm trying to escape from my life and problems.. Aka sleep." I got back into bed, pulling up the cotton covers which felt great against my skin.

"Kill him." It repeated itself.

"Who?" I groaned. I just wanted to sleep.

"Your brother. Kill him."

"I would, but there are consciences" I laughed. "I can't just kill someone and get away with it. Now I'm going to go back to bed. For the last time, please leave me alone." I closed my eyes.

"Kill him." It demanded. I just ignored it. "Kill him"

"KILL HIM!" It yelled. My head began to throb and I was now wide awake. The voice kept repeating the phrase. I thought about what it said. The thought of blood splattered across his pastel blue wall gave me pleasing feelings and I wanted to follow what the voice had said. A grin appeared across my face.

"You know you want to." It whispered.
"Kill him!"  I got out of my bed and walked downstairs. I silently giggled. The house was dark and the only light shining in was from the street lamps. I arrived at my kitchen and opened a drawer. I slowly pulled out a sharp baby pink knife and traced it with my finger. I licked the knife; it tasted of cold metal. I could taste the bitter salt of blood on my tongue. The knife had cut me. I tiptoed towards Nysa's room, my laughter getting louder.

You know what? Forget it. Let them know I'm crazy.

"Let them know I'm crazy!" I yelled what had been in my head. It feels great to not actually hold stuff in. I opened Nysa's door. His room was lit by a small nightlight shaped like a star. He was curled in his dark navy blue covers, sound asleep. I closed my eyes. This is what I've been dreaming of. I breathed heavy as I slowly lifted Nysa's covers to see him still  in slumber.

Blood.
Screaming.
The feeling of craziness when I stab my anger out.
My heart pumping fast.

I lifted the knife ready to strike.
LET THEM KNOW IM CRAZY

"AURORA? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" My mother ran over to me trying to grab the knife.

"NO!! I ALMOST GOT AWAY WITH IT!" I screamed in anger; blood and spit dripping from my mouth. My brother slowly awoke. He sat up.

"What's going on?" He said in a grumbly voice.

"Go back to sleep hun" My mom told Nysa and motioned  me to come out of the room to the kitchen so Nysa wouldn't hear.

"What were you doing??" My mom started to tear up, still holding the knife. She was shaking in fear and disbelief.

"They told me to!" I said.

"Who?" She panted.

"The voices" I replied. "They wouldn't SHUT UP!" I screamed smacking my head with my hand hard.

"I have a psychopath as a daughter!" She cried and picked up the phone.

"What are you doing with that phone?" I gave her a dead stare.

"Calling a mental hospital! Now get away from me! Why would you do that Aurora?" She balled.

And you know, I didn't feel one tiny bit of guilt or sadness for my mother. I felt nothing. Just the buzzing of my head and the urge to hurt someone.

A/N: thanks for reading! Please vote and comment? Ty💘