Ban the Beetles

"Join me today, and banned the beetles!" shouted Ava.

When people look at Ava, they are shocked to see a girl with a belt of bug spray around her. Ava is an unusual girl. She carries bug spray around with her every day, spraying everywhere she goes. Spraying at school, spraying at home, spraying the streets, spraying couches, street lamps, and even dogs! She recently started a 'Ban the Beetles' campaign and her goal is to fumigate all houses in town. The people around her looked at her with disgust and sniffed at her dingy stand.

" Did you know that there are over one thousand types of beetle's in this world?" Ava enquired to an old man.

He just shrugged and walked away.

" Don't you hate bugs?" Ava asked a woman.

"Well... yes, you co-" began the woman.

" So please sign my petition!" Ava cut the woman.

The woman took the petition and looked at it. Her lips slowly turned into a disapproving sort off frown. "I'm sorry dear, but to fumigate all of the houses in town? That would be a mad idea!" The woman harrumphed and walked away.

Ava frowned and arranged her flyers nicely. She has only gotten four signatures on her petition. Two from her parents and one from her older brother who grudgingly did it and her older sister, who gave a odd sort of sigh while doing it. Four wasn't enough to change her town, Ava thought. As the night approached, Ava sighed and flopped back to her room.