Chapter One

My name is Kate Underlend and ever since i was little, I was able to see ghosts or as other people say "the dead". People say that i'm abnormal. I never was able to keep friends because of me being able to see the dead and all. So here i am sixteen and can see the dead.

I get bullied mostly every day in school because of my "power".I get called "weird" and "crazy" sometimes people call me "psycho".My classmates never wanna be around me. Some of my classmates are scared of me. It really hurts me to see that people are scared of me and to get bullied until the day i met him.

His name is Dylan Flair. Dylan is one of my new classmates. He just moved here. The first day we met was when we were walking down the hallway and bumped into each other, my books fell and he helped me pick them up. Right then and there is when we touched hands, the sad part is that one part of me being able to see the dead is when i touch someone and i see their dead family members and i can feel his and her pain. I hate having this curse!

The next day: today was the day that Dylan came up to me and said, ¨Hey, you want to hang and get to know each other sometime?¨ How? How can he just come up to me and talk to me? Hasn't he heard the rumors about me? Dylan why are you trying to be friends with me? I thought to myself. Just why?

¨I-I guess...¨

¨O-Kay, um... I got to get to class I guess¨

¨Okay see ya...¨