Chapter 1

Imagine living life through a rearview mirror, living off memories. That's what I feel like. I feel numb, like I'm controlling what I'm doing, but I don't know what that is.

As I step out of my car and onto the pavement, I feel like my car is a magnet and I can't walk away. Every step is a bigger headache, and another nerve screaming. As I'm walking, I'm looking for something, but I don't know what

When I finally see her in the ocean of teenagers, I focus completely on her until someone bumps into me.

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry" he bent down to grab my thing and stood back up looking me in the eyes. He hands me a pile of papers. "I am so sorry. Here is you stuff."

"Its fine" I tell him offering a smile, my eyes in search of her again.

"Yeah, I'm Aaron by the way" he holds out a hand, returning my smile.

I took his hand "I'm June"

He was fidgeting with his headphones trying to untangle them. His auburn hair hung just above his golden eyes, like silk. He continued smiling like he couldn't stop. He had dimples and his smile sent a warm feeling down my arms.

"I have history for first period. What about you?" He asks raising his left eyebrow.

"I have psychology"

His eyes started to wander off, as if he was disappointed.

"June!" I slowly turn around to see Penelope skipping her way towards me. "June! Hey over here!"

"Hey Penn" she ran up and hugged me. "Whose that kid?" she whispered in my ear.

"Oh, Aaron, this is Penelope."

"Hey, nice to meet you" Aaron said holding out a hand. Penn took his hand and gave him a big cheesy smile.

"Well June let's get to class." She said and interlaced her arm with mine "Better not be late. Bye Aaron!" she waved at him and pulled me away.

I slightly raised my right hand to say bye to him, he was standing there, his left arm grasping his backpack and his right waving back. He was still wearing his big smile. "Why the rush?" I asked Penelope.

"Well that is a cute guy, and you have a boyfriend" she said poking me in the arm.

"I just met the guy"

"Mhm sure" she said rolling her eyes.

She pulled me into the closest bathroom she could find and immediately exclaimed "Agh I look like crap."

She didn't look like crap, she just said that everyday waiting for me to compliment her. She had long red hair that curled so much it almost looked frizzy. She has thin pink, yet round lips, a little button nose, large green eyes and long eyelashes.

"You look great today." I told her, nodding my head to the door trying to convince her to leave the bathroom.

"Yeah, I guess so. I mean I look better than you today so that's okay."

I frowned and looked in the mirror for proof that what she said is true. I mean, not really I guess. I could have put more makeup on but I didn't get much sleep last night and I was too tired too. My blond hair hung straight on my back. My big blue, green, grayish eyes were surrounded by red from rubbing them. I was wearing a pink lip gloss and some mascara, but that was all I was up for.

I dragged Pen out of the bathroom and to our class. There was Eli, his dark brown hair looked perfectly brushed up and back. He buzzed off the hair on the sides of his head giving him a perfect hair for his jawline. He stands up when he sees me and wraps his arms around me. I hug him back, and suddenly I don't feel anything, all the headaches are gone and my nerves are speechless. I curl into his chest, this was the best medicine I could ask for, a big, warm hug. He loudly and obnoxiously kisses my cheek and looked me in the eyes. "You look so beautiful today" he said, offering me a large smile.

I couldn't help blushing, I could feel heat rising in my cheeks. I couldn't believe summer was only two months away.