What a Trip!

Stupid Percy, stupid Hollywood, stupid life ran through annabeth as she finished her 4 mile run in 35 minuets, her fastest time yet. Annabeth was widely regarded or her work around her hometown of New York for the amazing architectural concepts she had designed. However, she got no where near the recognition her boyfriend, lead singer of the famous big three boy group, Percy Jackson received. His fame had never bothered annabeth as they had started dating their first year of college before he made it big. When he finally did they agreed to keep their relationship on the down low, because those were the only relationships that seemed to last in his world were kept private. Now Annabeth regretted that decision seeing that they needed to have a perfect balance between private and public. Cause god dammit she was a Possessive person, and though she constantly assured him he wasn't bother by the thousands of girls that hurtled themselves at him, it hurt to see him just let it happen. As always she brushed it off because she loved him and what was a few girls anyway, he was hers and she was his. Even if they were the only two aware of that predicament.

She snapped last week. She had gone without seeing Percy three months and had only FaceTimed him two times, called three times. He was supposed too come home. She had spent the whole day cleaning the floor till it sparkled. She had even almost burned down her space apartment making his favorite home-made sliders. With the help of Sally, his mother, of course. She had been put on the back burner of Percy's life as well, which was extremely surprising who spent most weekends do home made crafts with mom instead of going to parties. She had bought a expensive bottle of red wine (his personal favorite) and had started in with Sally when the phone rang. She bounced over and answered. "Hello"

"Annabeth?" "Hey babe!, are you almost here" there was a silence on the other end of the phone. "-annabeth I can't make it" And suddenly that bubbly bouncy feeling was gone. Sinking with annabeth heart. "What?" She barley whispered. "Annabeth I want to be there, I really do but out manager called a meeting and I just can't make it" "but-" "you understand don't you" there it was. The question her Raven locked boyfriend asked every single time thy talked. The one she would always Agree to before dialing Piper and Thalia for a last minute girl night. Maybe it was the red wine, maybe it was the lack of sleep she got while trying to make the damn loft presentable to a movie star. "Yea- actually no" "wh-" " No Percy I don't understand! I don't understand why I haven't seen you in three months and that in that time you only returned my calls five times because dammit it would take an army to answer just one of them!" "Annabeth you know I can't controls this! If I could come visit you every single day I would! I jut can't do that now." "That's bullshit Jackson and you know it! In the last three months Jason and Nico have visited Thals and Piper six times! I never said anything because I thought next time he'll come, next time I'll be enough to put the freakin' gut air down. But I never am. I miss you Percy! I don't even know who you are anymore." A deadly silence filled the air. Before he took a shaky breath and she realized he was crying. And dammit he didn't deserve to be hurt over this, not when he'd hurt her far worse. "Annabeth" he pleaded through the line. "I'm still that guy. The guy you meet in freshman year of college, the one who taught you to cook, the one who took you on your very first roller coaster, that's still me." She wanted that to be true. So bad it hurt. But it wasn't. "No your not" she whispered "but when you find him please call." "Anna-" "no Percy! I'm done" then she hung up the phone. She turned expecting Sally to yell at her. Tell her what a monster she was for hurting her son. But she just stood and held out her arms. Because she got it. She knew what it felt like to love someone unconditionally who didn't love you back. She allowed herself to stay there in Sally's embrace on the couch until her eyes finally drooped with exhaustion.

She shook the memory from her head. One more mile and she would've completed her first marathon! She knew Sally was somewhere around the next bend. Coming out to support her no matter the situation with her a percy. It was then Annabeth realized how lucky she was to have Sally, the closest thing she would ever have to a mom. She rounded the bend and her heart literally stopped. Because there was Sally and standing. Right. Beside. Her.

"Percy" she breathed. Of course he would be surrounded by thousands of girls. He hadn't even tried to wear a disguise. Her feet finally caught up with her heart and he saw black asphalt hurling at her before colliding with the cold ground.

A small hiss escaped her mouth. Dammit she though already feeling the sting of an open wound in her elbows and knees. And suddenly two arms were around her and she knew exactly who it was. "Woah you okay there wise girl." "I 'm fine" she growled. He chuckled before pulling her up and looking in her eyes. "You were right" he spoke softly "I took advantage of you understanding and used it to try to get more work done. I got so caught up in being who my publicists told me to be I forgot who I am. But I know now...and I know That I need you in my life because I love you with everything I am k love you Annabeth chase. And I'm done hiding you away I want people to know your mine." Annabeths eyes had filled with tears an she pulled him close. " I love you too." "Now let's finish this race."

It was then Annabeth decided that finishing the race upon Percy's back was the best way to finish it