Chapter 10 - Meeting Levi's Family

Eren's POV

"Why exactly are we visiting your family?"

Right now, I was sitting in Levi's car, turning my head to him, cocking it to the side in curiosity as the raven was driving us to the house where he used to live.

He sighed slightly. "I haven't seen them in a while now. That meeting with Isabel didn't last long last time and you do know exactly why; it was your fault. By the way, next time you see me with my brother Farlan, you shouldn't think again that I'm sleeping with someone else."

I furrowed my eyebrows as one certain thought gnawed on my mind. "Does your family... Well, do they know that... that we two are... are..."

"Fuck buddies? No, they don't know. And they shouldn't know. So, shut your mouth about that when we're there."

"I- I see." Of course they wouldn't know. I mean, whose parents would like to hear about their son having someone they fuck, without feeling love or any other emotions. Every parent would be disappointed by that. "So, what am I to them then? Do they even know that we're visiting them today?" I wouldn't have ever thought that I would ask so many questions, but to be quite honest, I was really curious.

"Of course they know. Goddamn, why are you asking so many questions?" he growled, getting slightly irritated. But I, of course, ignored that.

"I'm so excited to meet them. They adopted you, right?" Was I going too far into Levi's privacy...

"Yes."

"What happened to your real ones?" I asked, though I should have known that this wasn't a question to ask and answer as if it were nothing.

"That's none of your business." The sharp tone in which he replied to me, signalled me not to ask about that anymore. Yep, I had gone too far. I shifted my head to the right and watched how people, houses and other things passed by, losing myself in random thoughts. There was a long silence before Levi spoke up again, "To your previous question... I told my parents and siblings that you are a shitty brat of a friend who would constantly annoy me by begging, insisting on meeting with my family because that's what friends would do."

"What? There is not a scrap of truth in your story! How could you lie to your parents like that?!" I yelled, surprise evident in my voice.

He scoffed. "Tch. It's no big deal. By the way, some things are true in my version of describing you. I mean, you are a "friend" of mine, they don't have to know that it's on a physical and sexual basis... and sometimes you are a shitty brat." Levi explained in the most casual manner, leaving me speechless.

"Okay, wow. Rude. Stop that car. I'll walk the rest to your family." I said, feeling highly offended, but -I had to admit- not attacked. Somehow, Levi was (partly) right, but telling his family that I was a shitty brat... Pffft! They'll hate me, no, even worse. They'll ridicule me. Oh my fucking God...

"You won't get off of this car. Calm down, brat. You don't even know where to go to."

Right when I had unbuckled my belt, I realized that the raven was right... again. "Oh, right." I buckled my seatbelt again, pouting.

"Such a child." Levi commented bluntly while clicking his tongue.

I sent him a glare as I sulked even more now. But soon, my anger faded. Actually I enjoyed this conversation of us. It was... as if we would be a married couple, mocking the other playfully and then we would laugh about our little skirmish and be nice and lovely to each other again...

But of course reality wasn't like that. Neither was Levi the type for that nor are we two close to any kind of proper romantic relationship. I guess I should stop imagining those things, it would lead to nothing. Sadly-