Chapter 10 ~ Injury and Security

--Belle--

  Yami wouldn’t be in the hospital if it weren’t for me. I should’ve killed the bastard when I had the chance.

  Sighing, I paced back and forth infront of the door where just beyond it, doctors were performing surgery on Yami. Yugi was sitting in a chair twiddling his thumbs, tears in his eyes, worrying. Alden was still in his hospital room being worried over by his little sister, his arm in a cast. Ikuto came up to me and nipped at my ear, “Why are you so worried?”

  “It’s all my fault.” I replied sourly.

  “What makes you say that?” He asked, innocent curiosity in his eyes, though he already knew my reply.

  “I was wrong. Wrong about Deon and everything.”

  He sighed, “You need to relax some.” He put his arms behind his head and leaned against the wall.

  I wanted to yank the hair out of his head, though I didn’t dare touch it, but I had to restrain my arms from ruining his perfect head of hair. As much as I loved him, I still was annoyed with him currently. A little over an hour later, the nurses came from the surgery room and wheeled Yami back to his room. His shirt was pulled up and a sheet of bandages were plastered on his stomach. He was still asleep and I had the strange thought that he looked pretty when he slept.

  I sighed when they didn’t allow us into his room and decided to pay Alden a visit.

--Alden--

  “That guy’s a meanie! He shouldn’t shoot people, it isn’t right…” Callie whined, this was about the twelfth time she had said something close to that.

  Belle walked in, “How are you doing?”

  “I’m doing alright, my arm hurts like f-“ I looked at Callie, “Well it hurts a lot.”

  Belle smirked, “The rest of your gang at the mall may have a few bumps and bruises, but nothing compared to you. It’s strange; they were in more danger than you.” Belle sighed, “Yami got hurt though…just when I killed Jacob…I turn around and Deon has a knife sliced right through Yami’s back and out his stomach.” She seemed to suddenly become really upset.

  “Yami…is he alright?” I asked.

  “Yeah, the doctors say he’s fine. I’ll let you know if anything changes.” Belle smiled and winked before kissing Callie on the top of her head then leaving.

  I stared after her. There was something about her I just couldn’t put my finger on.

--Yugi--

  I rushed straight into the room when the nurse announced that we could visit Yami. He didn’t look so good laying in the hospital bed. He struggled to smile at me, “H…how long have I…been here?” he asked weakly, wincing.

  “Just a few days…” I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

  “Is...A-alden out yet?”

  “I’m right here.” He said, waving the hand that wasn’t in a cast, “Everyone’s fine.”

  “How’s your arm?” Yami asked weakly

  “Stop straining yourself.” I chuckled.

  “My arm’s fine.” Alden smiled.

  Yami gave a weak sigh and his eyes closed, he struggled to keep them open, but finally gave in. I smiled and kissed his cheek then suggested that we left soon so Yami could rest, then exited.