"that little bitch" dani murmered as she saw rebecca smith walking down the hallway with brooklyn.

we were on our way to biology when she pulled me over into a nearby shrub where we lay stalking.

"dani- he's not my boyfriend so why are you freaking out?" i asked as i got up from where we were hiding.

she pulled me back down. "because i freaking ship you two," she told me.

i just rolled my eyes and went back up.

"c'mon" i told dani as i reached out my hand to offer to help her up. she grabbed it with a huff and walked down the hallway with me.

"how's charlie?" she asked.

"he's doing good, he is the captain of his lacrosse team!" i replied as i smiled to myself imagining my little brother running around the field happily.

"AVA!"

dani woke me from my day dream- snapping in my face.

we walked into the biology classroom and immediately started talking about elements. i learned all of this stuff in 6th grade, so everything was easy for me.
|||||
i lay on bed doing my science homework- reasoning why things were compounds or mixtures when the door opened.

i saw brooklyn and the girl he was talking with walk in, smiling and laughing.

i looked up and they stopped laughing.

"hi" i said with a genuine smile on my face.

"hello" the girl replied with a fake smile, "i'm patricia,his girlfriend"

she reached out her hand to me but i rejected. brooklyn has never had a girlfriend in his entire life.

"sorry ava- she's not really my girlfriend." brooklyn butted in setting his backpack down in a chair, looking away from us.

patricia gave me a nasty look and smirk and i just replied by giving her the middle finger.

"back off" she whispered, loud enough so brooklyn could hear.

he turned around immediately.

"what the fuck pat?" he yelled. she just burst out crying. i back away farther into my bed before my back was against the wall.

"she...she...told me...t...to...kill myself" she said the last part then cried some more. her head was in her hands and brooklyn look up at me, anger clearly visible.

"did u say that?" anger laced in his voice, clearly only talking to me because patricia was to busy crying.

"no!" i said with sincerity, looking at the crying girl brooklyn was hugging from behind. 

he just shook his head believing me and put her on his bed. i continued my homework but i couldn't help to look over every now and then.

he was whispering comforting things in her ear, rubbing her back.

i couldn't help but wish that that girl was me.