Brin walked into the room of the solo and ensemble contest. Her group set up their music on the stands and began to warm up.

  "Hey, does anyone know if Ivan has gotten here yet?" She said with a hint of worry in her voice, which people could describe was like the sound of a bird singing.

        Ivan was her best friend, and he had moved away last summer. It broke her heart, and that made her realize that Ivan might be more than a friend to her. Though Ivan was coming to the contest to watch her play the snare drum, Brin hadn't seen him in person for months, and was worried that some thing about him might have changed without her knowing. Oh well, she thought as she flipped her luscious dark brown hair, which was just a bit longer than shoulder length over her shoulder so that it wouldn't get in the way while she was playing, and also because she thought it was a guy magnet.

       "Ok guys, ready?" She said in her melodic voice. Brin had the responsibility of counting them off to start the music. "One, two, one two three,"

       The ensemble started playing "Spring" From the Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi, but her shining eyes were fixed on one single person. Ivan walked through the door, giving her his endearing puppy dog eyes, his facial expression saying Sorry I'm late. Brin's brown orbs seeped into Ivan's deeper brown orbs, and suddenly Brin could no longer focus on the repetitive tapping on the snare drum in her music. Pushing her snare drum away she raced towards Ivan. Along the way she managed to jump right over the trombone player and knock over Evan, the obnoxious trumpet player.

         As she leaped with joy across the room filled with observers, she could faintly hear a chorus of "What the $&@%#* !!!!!"s from behind her, but that did not matter now. All she wanted to do was wrap her arms around Ivan's manly shoulders and tell him how much she loved him. Ivan took the hint and ran towards her, holding her tight and spinning her around. Brin looked into his dark brown orbs, seeing her reflection in them.
        "Brin, there's something I need to tell you, it's important." Said Ivan, seriousness in his breathtaking gaze. "You are my best friend."
         Brin stood dumbfounded in front of the whole room, not knowing what to say.
       "Just kidding, I love you, and someday I want to marry you. You will never leave my heart, even when we are separated by thousands of miles."
      With that, the room erupted in applause, even Evan, and Will the trombone player. Suddenly, the ensemble started playing "Thinking out loud", and Brin and Ivan slow danced to it in a moment of pure happiness.

chickengirl02 chickengirl02 chickengirl02 😉