Lovely Suprises

Life was hard for me. Living alone at the age of sixteen, with both your parents gone. I had to work part time, pay my off my car, also having to buy food, gas, and renting out my apartment, while somehow still managing to go to high school.

My name is Lucy. Both my parents and my little sister died in a plane crash when I was thirteen. I was living with my aunt for a while, but then she left out of nowhere. I haven't heard from her since. So I started over, living here in Los Angeles. I work at this little diner a block away from my apartment.

I'd say that I'm pretty resourceful. I get good grades, have a few friends, and I'm one of the 'good-girls.' My best friends are Marissa and Emily. I don't party, drink, or sleep around, like most sixteen-year olds. I live a pretty boring life, actually.

But suprises happen, like the day I met Daniel. He was new to our school, and all the girls were instantly crushing on him. He was completely gorgeous, with brown hair, blue eyes, and that bad-boy edge to him. Marissa and Emily were the first to tell me about them.

"He is sooo sexy! I could just eat him up...if I wasn't with you, of course, babe!" Marissa says when she sees her boyfriend, Luke.

"Ha-ha. Very funny," Luke says, kissing Marissa on the cheek. "Let's go to class, Riss."

Marissa and Luke walk away, leaving Emily and me standing there.

"Have you seen him yet?" I ask Emily.

"Nope. You?"

"Yep. We're lab partners in third hour."

"Ooh, sounds interesting." Emily laughs.

"Oh, you know it. Just can't keep me away from them bad boys." I joke, both of us knowing I would never go for him.

"Haha, well, I'll catch you later, Luce. See ya!" Emily says, hurrying off to class.

I walk to my locker to get my supplies for math.

"Your friend thinks I'm pretty sexy, huh?" Someone standing next to me says.

"What? Oh...umm...hi, Daniel." I say, suprised.

"Guess I wasn't supposed to hear that?" He asks.

"Not really." I laugh.

"Walk me to class? Room 213." He says as he walks away.

"Thats where I am going, too!" I say.

"Cool. Well, come on now, can't be late, right?" He smiles.

"Of course not. Lets go, then!" I boss.

Little did I know, my life had just changed. For better or worse, it definitely had.