01 | Chapter One

"Do I have to?" She asked him with pleading eyes. Her father let out a chuckle.

"Yes, you have to. It's just a new school. You did your research as we let you, you'll be fine." He assured her as he kissed her on the forehead.

"Now go make some friends, yeah?" He said before giving her a small shove out the door of his white F-150.

"I'll pick you up at three thirty." He told her before waving goodbye and driving off. She let out a sigh before turning towards the school entrance.

Sure she did her research on the school, that didn't mean she was comfortable with going to a new school. Everything would be different. She was from England after all, almost everything will be different.

As she was walking past somebody whistled and she cringed. The boys in England had manners, unlike these Americans. As she contunied to walk more whistles came her way but she ignored them.

She was walking right past Aaron Green and his friends now. She looked over at them as she passed and caught the eye of one of the guys. Sadly, it wasn't Aaron.

The man winked at her before she scoffed and made her way inside the building. Looking around the small school she looked for a sign that would lead her to the office so she could get her schedule.

As she stood there looking confused and lost a girl with red curly hair bounded up to her.

"Hi! I'm April Clovers! I'm on the welcome comittie and I could tell you were new because I've never seen you here before but also because you looked kinda lost." As April rambled on the girl shifted awkwardly from foot to foot.

"Umm, I don't mean to be rude but could you just show me where the office is so I can get on my way?" She asked sheepily. April looked a little hurt but quickly shook it off.

"Yeah, sure just follow me." She said bounding off down a hallway. She followed the redhead slowly. After about a minute of slow walking she was finally in the office.

April basically leaped towards the desk, giving the lady behind it a big smile.

"Hello Mrs. Martin, how are you today?" She questioned while pratically laying out across the counter to see what Mrs. Martin was doing.

"Just filling some papers. We have a new student coming today, or we should." She mumbled in reply. April smiled and gestured behind her.

"I've brought her to you!" She exclaimed happily as she internally groaned. Why was this girl so chipper? She wondered to herself. Mrs. Matin looked up and smiled before shuffling through some papers on her desk.

"Yes, Valarire?" She questioned looking up. Valarie nodded and stretched her hand out to grab the papers the lady was holding towards her. As her fingers curled around the edges of the paper a shrill bell rang through the school, causing her to jump, dropping the papers all over the floor.

As she was bent down picking them up a hand reached out and grabbed some of the papers and started to help her. When all the papers were gathered she looked up to see Aaron Green smiling while holding out her papers. She quickly took them from him and gathered them in her stack.

"Thanks." She mumbled and looked at her shoes. Converse, Doctor Who converse.

"No problem." He said. She could hear the smile in his voice. Aaron turned to April.

"I'll take it from here April, you're scaring the poor girl." He said with a chuckle as he pulled April in for a hug before pushing her off towards her next class. He turned back to Valarie.