We're The Broken Ones

Chapter 4: Meeting the Group

{Daryl's POV}

"You feeling better?" I asked Carol, who was sitting on the porch beside me. She smiled, "I'll feel better once I get some food and some sleep." I smiled slightly at her, messing with my hands. "That'll all come soon. Hershel's working with Jess-the girl Duck and Kenny found. Then when he's done Rick will probably have us all go to the meeting hall."

She leaned against my shoulder tiredly, and I let her. Normally I would have pulled away, but I was okay with this. Omid was talking to me about how Christa pushed people away, and I realized that's what I did.

I didn't even realize she was sleeping until her head slid into my lap, hands under her cheek. I put my hand on her side, and Rick came up. "Oh, good. I'm glad she's sleeping. We have a problem."

"What is it?" I didn't move from my spot, not wanting to wake Carol. "We'll, not really a problem. An inconvenience, I guess." He sat on the other side of me, arms resting on his legs. "We don't have enough room for Carol. Bed-wise."

I grumbled, "why are you telling me this?"

"Carol seems to have taken a liking to you. She only really talks to you. So, I want you to figure out where she'll be sleeping." Rick said, looking down at Carol sleeping.

"I'll figure out something..." I said, hearing Hershel calling for everyone to get to the meeting hall.

Rick went to the meeting hall and I tried to wake Carol, but I noticed she had begun talking in her sleep, telling some man-named Ed-to stop hurting her and Sophia. I assumed that was her daughter. She muttered that it was his fault she had gotten bit, and what happened to him was karma.

Chewing on my lip, I gently shook her awake, walking inside the meeting hall with her beside me.