3

{Chapter 3 ~ What Happened}

Natsu - Present

I can't breath. Its like the air was sucked straight out of my lungs as soon as I saw her. It seems like I'm not the only one having this reaction, considering everyone looked like they were about to pass out. I managed to unhinge my jaw from the position it had been in before she noticed.

I'm frozen. I've been latched to spot forever. All because she walked through those doors. She's back. She's here. But I'm not. I've flown out of my body and I'm headed toward a world where things make since. Maybe this isn't real. Maybe I walked into the guild, saw everyone acting normal and had a nervous breakdown. Yep that's definetely what happened. I'm insane. I need to be latched in a white jacket, thrown into a padded room, and left to suffer with my insanity. There we go, that's what I'll do. I'll send myself to looneytown. I'm going to-

My thoughts of how I was going deal with was happening, were broken when Levy shoved through the crowd that had formed. She was a mess. Her hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in days, dark bags hung under her eyes, and her whole body shook with nerves. A waterfall of tears already began cascading down her pale face.

"L-l-lu-chan?" She clutched her hands against her chest tightly as she gazed at her old friend. Her wide eyes held nothing but shock.

Once Lucy's sharp stare found her, it instantly softned. A grin spread across her face. "Hey, Levy-chan. Or should I still call you 'My First Reader' ?"

Levy stood still for a moment, unsure what to do, what to think. She suddenly rushed forward, stumbling over herself. She tackled Lucy in tight hug, laughter and endless tears of joy escaping her.
Gajeel stood with his arms crossed, pouting.

"OH GOSH, BUNNY GIRL, I'M THE FIRST ONE TO RECONIZE YOU AND I STILL DON'T GET A HUG?! WELL THEN, THAT'S FINE, I DIDN'T NEED A HEART ANYWAYS!" Lucy couldn't help but laugh at his exclamation.

"If you wanted a hug you could have just asked for one, now c'mere." She spread her arms and gave him a pointed look.

"NO! I DON'T YOUR STUPID GIRL HUG NOW!" He turned away, glaring at the wall. Lucy growled and stared him down with blazing eyes.

"GAJEEL METALHEAD REDFOX! YOU GET YOUR IRON BUTT OVER HERE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I MAKE YOU!" Everyone stood, shocked at her newfound boldness.

"THAT'S NOT EVEN MY MIDDLE NAME!"

"OH YEAH? WHAT IS IT THEN?"

"ITS RANDY!"

"LIAR!"

"TRUTHER!" (a.n - I guess Gajeel is totally a lowkey Drake and Josh fan xD)

"STUBBORN JERK!"

Gajeel simply stuck his tongue out, unfazed. She growled once more before tackling him in a bear hug. He begrudgingly hugged her back and peeled himseld up from the floor, mumbling incoherent curses.

Juvia ran forward and rougly knocked Gajeel out of the way, sobbing uncontrollably as she latched onto Lucy's slim waist with a death grip. A large puddle of her tears forming around her ankles.

"Woah, Juvs, I thought you'd be the least happy to see me."

"I've m-m-missed you so much! Without you here to be my Love Rival, I haven't had to fight for Gray-sama's attention! Its been so boring!" Lucy chuckled softly before squatting down next to Juvia, who had litterally, dissolved into a mess on the floor.