Chapter 1

The sun was shining, and the clouds winked and smiled as I skipped though the meadow. I felt free, I felt alone! The perfect combo!

The Daisys and lilacs tickled my feet as I pirouetted across the grass. Suddenly the clouds darkened and the sky turned a misty coal, wind swept me off my feet , as icicles of rain pelted onto my skin. I fell down, onto the cold wet grass, the flowers around me wilted.

Suddenly a plain black figure approached the meadow, it was a man, he carried an axe in his hand and a gruesome smile on his face. I reached for my bow, I grabbed 2 arrows from my bag, I fastened it on the strings of my bow and pulled back, I aimed and shot. I closed my eyes, it was just a dream.

"Marigold, Marigold! Wake up!" I awoken to the lovely sounds of my sibling's voices, all 7 of them. I opened my eyes, "Marigold! You almost missed breakfast!" Danniella, the second oldest of all my brothers and sisters, chirped. She had a bright smile on her face, and her tangled hazel hair brushed onto my smiling face. "I did? Wow! Good thing you reminded me sis!" I stood up and gave all of them a big hug, it's our way to say good morning to each other.

"Where's mum? Has she already left work?" I asked, with a little bounce in my step. "Yes" Daniella replied, her face sunk as she responded. "We only have enough bread for seven of us, you can share with mine if you want" Daniella offered, I frowned. We often had no food to eat and mom was usually the one to go to bed hungry, "has mum eaten anything this morning?" I asked, "yes!" I turned around, the youngest of them all, Chrisinda was standing at the back of me, "she left to quickly, she forgot to eat" Chris replied. I frowned, this was a sign we are running out of money.

"Where's David?" I quickly changed the subject, "he's in the hall trying to fix the hole in the roof" Daniella replied, David is Daniella's twin brother, the day before dad died, Daniella "accidentally" burned David's vocal cord when they were on fire duty, making David mute. I made my way into the kitchen, it was full of shag carpets and dust. I smiled as I approached my siblings, eating their mouldy bread of the carpets. "Marigold!" Jamie, The fourth oldest yelled, "do you want some bread?" She asked, "no thank you J." I responded, sitting down next to her, lying on Jamie's lap was Olivia, The 5th oldest, she was coughing and wheezing, her eyes were puffy and her clothes were over run with tears, she must be in a lot of pain. "M-M-Marig-g-gold" Liv stuttered, "Yes Liv?" I replied patiently with a smile, "I-I-it h-h-hurt-ts" Liv responded, "I know Liv, I know".

I watched all six of my siblings finish their bread. "I'm going to check on David" I announced, I stood up and walked to the hall, the hall's walls were made out of mud bricks, so it would always be cooler but a Lot dustier in the hall. I walked through the satin doors and there he was, David was the boy still living in the family. First Thomas, David and Daniella's triplet died when he was only 3 months old. It brought a big burden on our family. David looked at me and smiled, I smiled back, then he focused back to fixing the roof. David had a perfect head of hazel hair, and big hazel eyes. He was tall and he had tanned skin. "I'm going to the meadows ok?" I told him, David looked at me and nodded, I smiled and grabbed my bow and arrows to prepare for the meadow.

I ran past the markets, and jumped over the barb wired fences to get to the meadow, I smiled and let myself relax, "you again!" I whipped my head around, my fingers fastening itself onto my bow. "You appear in my head every freakin' night! You are driving me insane!!!" He yelled, "get me out of this dream!" He yelled, "this is not a dream" I responded in a monotone voice , "then how are you here!" He yelled back, I fastened a arrow to my bow and shot his arm, "AHHHH!" He yelled in pain, tears tricking down his face, "if this wasn't a dream don't you think that would hurt?" I smirked. "I will come for you! And your family!" He bellowed, this sent a shiver down my spine, I grabbed an arrow, and shot him, straight in the heart.

Yay first chapter! Please vote and comment! New chapter is up please check it out

Xoxo -Aly