frost on the window.

"5 mins baby"

That was the last text he sent me. I guess he's right if 5 minutes means 45. Staying out in the cold for this long was fitting, considering what I felt now. Not just now either, he did this every damn time. I slowly stepped in. This seemed to be a common routine that I got used to just a little bit more each Friday night. I sighed passing a frosted window on my way to the couch. My Giuseppe heel clicked along the wood tile we owned. I had just sat down half content, right when my cell buzzed. I didn't recognize the number. "Hello..?" I asked, slightly annoyed. "Hello, is this Nicki Williams?" The woman on the other end sounded serious. I swallowed gently before closing my eyes and giving my answer. "No. No. No." I repeated in my conscience, expecting what was to come from watching countless hours of Investigation Discovery. "Yes," she abruptly stuttered, seemingly reading my mind. "I'm afraid we request your presence at the sheriff's office. Do you need a ride, ma'am?" "No, I can manage" I spoke, slightly shook and worried. She gave reassuring condolence and wished me a good night before I hung up. I didn't bother to call Rihmeek since clearly I wasn't on his mind anyway. Good thing I was already ready to go.