Chapter 2

Ashlee woke up after what seemed like days, but was only about half an hour later. The whole bed was shaking. The rock was starting to roll off the shelf towards the concrete floor. Ashlee slid and caught it, noticing how strongly the vibrations of what could only be an earthquake channeled through it, like it was the source. But that's silly talk. That's I'll-find-a-dragon-egg-at-The-Loch-because-i'm-special silly talk. Then all of a sudden, it stopped. No aftershocks, no screaming, no nothing. It was almost like the earthquake didn't happen. Silly talk again. Despite Ashlee's efforts to keep the rock unscathed, it had a single long crack down the middle, almost cutting it in half. Then, all of a sudden, it growled. A playful kind of growl but still. Rocks shouldn't, don't growl. Ashlee panicked. Abandoning the "stone" she sprinted to the far corner of the room and curled up into a ball, but keeping her eyes open, watching the rock, which was currently rocking back and forth. Scratching and growling sounds came out of it, strangely echoed. Then, it split cleanly in half, down the earlier crack. There, sitting in the remains of what Ashlee now realized was an egg, was a membrane coated dragon.
"No way!" Ashlee breathed. "A dragon egg!?" The dragon scratched at its egg again, and rolled around in Ashlee's heathery bed to clean itself. When it became visible, she realised it was crimson, like the veins on its egg. It looked around, then saw her. It growled happily, then crawled towards her. It really was adorable. But as it came closer, Ashlee shied away, knowing how dangerous dragons were said to be. The dragon ignored her, and jumped on top of her. Being so small, Ashlee didn't care too much. Besides, it missed her by a mile. Seeming to think it was a game, the dragon pounced again, only going sightly off center and hitting her upper arm, on the bare skin that her T-shirt exposed. BAM! All she could see was a flash of white, then red, then black. Ashlee had fainted.

Hi guys! Remember to vote, it helps me out a lot. Also, leave a comment saying if I should make the chapters longer, or keep them how they are. Thanks! :)