The Ancients - Rumor of the Sixth Element

A/N: This is another Naruto fic I thought up! I'm not sure I like it(I used Fox's real name from Fox for the main character's real name in this story, btw). So, tell me if it's interesting enough to keep writing!! This one sticks to my standard humor concept in Naruto fanfiction, but the prologue really can't be made funny...(there was nothing funny about the fall of the Uchiha clan...)

Kusha whacked Sasuke’s head as she raced past. “Beat you home, slowpoke!” She cried, turning down Konoha’s twisting streets. She heard Sasuke panting behind her as he struggled to catch up. Of course, she had the advantage, but beating him was always fun, advantage or no. Gloating in her apparent victory, she didn’t see the body until she’d tripped over it, sprawling onto the ground and breaking her wrist.

“What the…?” She asked, turning around and looking at what she’d tripped over. “Aunt…ie?” Kusha shook her head violently. “Sasuke!” She cried, stumbling to her feet and racing back the way she’d come. She stopped just as he turned the corner, barely avoiding a collision. “Mom and dad! You go find them! I’ll make sure Maya’s safe!” She didn’t give the boy time to ask… she didn’t have time. What if… no! It had to be some kind of nightmare, this could never happen!

Kusha lost track of her feet, of the blood and death around her as she headed for that one room, where Maya slept. She had to be all right, she had to be! Even the worst person would never kill a baby! She slammed the door open to the nursing room, barely containing her stomach at the blood. “Maya!!” She screamed, ignoring the faces of the dead around her. “MAYA!!”

Pulling the remains of a crib away, she found the girl, soaked in blood, barely breathing. “Maya…” Checking her youngest sister over, she found one injury, deeply slicing into the young babe’s neck. Only a miracle kept her alive.

“Maya, hold on. It’ll be all right, okay? Just be quiet, I’ll fix it…” Kusha muttered desperately, more to herself than to the baby. She still moved, but she was so quiet… why? Kusha shook her head. That didn’t matter. She had to heal the girl. Placing her hand over Maya’s neck, she began closing the wound with chakra. It had to be enough. Please let it be enough… Her eyes closed in exhaustion as the last of the wound sealed itself.

“Sasuke…” Kusha muttered, realizing that he might be in danger, but her body protested, slipping until she could no longer retain her consciousness. That fateful night, Kusha Uchiha dreamed of blood.