Chapter 3: Sensei

I groaned as someone shook me awake. “What is it? If my lizard’s acting up, go tell Sasuke, not me…”

“Uh, if your lizard was acting up, I don’t think Sasuke would be able to do much…” Naruto said, and I could practically see his sweatdrop, even with my head down on the desk and my eyes closed.

“Oh, right… but it isn’t like I’d be able to do much either, considering the stupid thing’s size. So go bother our sensei or somethin- HEY! WHERE THE HELL IS THAT DAMNED SENSEI ANYWAY?!?!” I asked, bolting upright. I vaguely recalled fading in and out of sleep as I waited on our sensei to arrive.

“Uh… I’m right here. And though at first I thought this team had a chance, your wake-up speech has just affirmed that this entire time is filled with idiots…” a silver-haired man who definitely hadn’t been there before said idly, while reading… some weird book called Icha Icha, which I’d never heard of.

“So… what made you think my brothers are such idiots? Oh, and Sakura too, I suppose, but she’s all brain and no skill, so I can see how you’d think that about her.” I asked curiously, still in the process of waking up.

“Well… wait, how are they both your brother?” the man asked, looking from Sasuke to Naruto.

“Sasuke’s my real brother, obviously, but we became friends with Naruto, and when we realized he lived all alone in an apartment, we offered to let him live with us. We didn’t adopt him or anything, since both of us are underage and it would just be weird being the parents of someone our own age, but since we all live together, I think of Naruto as a brother.” I explained, stretching my arms and yawning.

“Okay, that makes sense. Anyway, Naruto,” the sensei emphasized Naruto’s name, pretty much rendering any speech after that useless, because I could pretty much imagine everything that happened, “rigged some trap, so that when I opened the door, a bucket fell onto my head. I assumed it was filled with water, and decided not to dodge it. It really bothers me that he’d make himself puke up his lunch for a prank… not to mention the smell won’t wash out of my hair as easy as the puke itself did…”

I collapsed to the ground, failing miserably at turning my laughing fit into a cough as I mercilessly mocked my sensei’s embarrassment at Naruto’s hand. “S-sorry… sensei… b-but if you ev-ever want to talk to a fellow victim…” I burst out laughing, thinking about the last time Naruto pulled that prank, “S-Sasuke can tell you all about it!” My speech was broken up by bouts of laughter, and it came out as a stutter worthy of Hinata herself.

Of course, then Sakura got mad. “NARUTO-BAKA! How could you do that to Sasuke-kun! You’re despicable!”

“Easy! I live with him! Don’t worry, I prank Kusha too! But if I do anything that even hints of permanent to her, she said she’ll sic her lizard on me, and the LAST time that thing was loose…” Naruto shuddered, and Sasuke did too, both of them looking at me nervously as Sasuke moved a little farther away from me. Oops. But then, they’d been practically asking for it…

“Uh, do I even want to ask about the lizard?” the sensei interrupted, before cutting across my reply-in-the-making. “Anyway, as I was saying BEFORE you all attempted to wake the other girl up, let’s go up to the roof real quick.”

I nodded, following everyone out to the roof. Though Naruto and Sasuke seemed recovered, they did look suspiciously at me, probably remembering all the blood – none of which was mine, might I add – that got spilled the night they made my lizard come out to play.

“So, what’re we doing out here, sensei?” Sakura asked, trying to sit close to Sasuke. I handled that problem by laying down and using my brother’s lap as a pillow. She glared at me, but turned her attention to the silver-haired man (could I see a few blotches of color in that?) as he began speaking.