Chapter 19

Varun P.O.V.

After we'd eaten, we went straight to the sitting room. As usual, we had to rearrange the furniture. The parents were never much help in that, so we went to move the stuff around before they could ask.

Me and Rahul moved one of the sofas and Siddhanth, Shaheen and Shraddha moved the other. Alia went to move one of the armchairs, but they're pretty heavy, even I find them heavg. She was still trying to move it when we got done moving the sofa. Rahul went to move one of the other chairs and I went to help Alia. I grabbed the back of the chair and pulled it, moving it easily. She looked proud of herself before she realised I had helped.

'Varun, I could've done it myself.' She whined.

'Just like you could've last time and the time before and the time before.' I told her. This was our usual argument. Everytime we'd move the furniture and, somehow, mostly by accident, Alia never helped move the sofas so she'd go to move something else that was too heavy and I'd help her.

'I could if you gave me a chance. But you always help.' She complained.

'If I didn't help you'd still be pushing it and we'd have to wait two hours to move it.'

'Would not! I'm not as small as you all think! Stop treating me like a baby!' She grumbled.

'But you are the baby.' Shaheen teased.

'Am not.' Alia pouted.

'Yes you are. You're the youngest.' Rahul told her.

'Me and Shraddha are the same age!'

'But I'm older.' Shraddha put in.

'By 12 days! That's not even two weeks!'

'Alu, you're the baby. Get over it.' I told her. Our parents watched our argument, silently laughing.

'Varun, you're supposed to take my side!' She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. I sighed and shook my head, rolling my eyes. There was no point in continuing this argument. I may as well just apologise for helping and finish it.

'Okay, I'm sorry.' I told her. She just turned the other way. This is an exact repeat of every other time we've had this argument.

Alia was attempting to move the heavy, solid wood coffee table by herself. I went to help her and she didn't notice. I pulled it and she thought she had pushed it out of the way. She looked up once we had moved it, looking proud of herself. Until she noticed that I had helped.

'Varun, I could've moved it by myself!' She complained.

'Sure you could. Just like last time and everytime before.' I told her.

'I could have! You never let me do it by myself!' She whined.

'Because it would take two hours for you to move it.'

'Would not! I'm stronger than you all think! Stop treating me like a baby!'

'You are the baby.' Rahul teased.

'No I'm not.'

'You are. You're the youngest.' Siddhanth said.

'I'm the same age as Shraddha!'

'But I'm older.' Shraddha grinned.

'By 12 days!'

'Alia, you're the baby. Deal with it.' I told her.