Chapter 3

I drove back to the house and stormed through the door and was greeted with a serious looking Oscar with caution etched evidently on his face.

"Everythings set" he said with suspicion as if talking to a mentally unstable person. "Are you sure you don't want me-"

"The bastard's hiding something. Why the hell didn't he let me shoot him last time" I growled, cutting him off.

"Mitch said you'd find the answer soon" Oscar responded with a questioning tone.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I sneered.

He shrugged "you'd have to ask him yourself"

I stared at Oscar wondering what the double meaning behind those words really meant. I inhaled sharply "where am I going"

"Brooklyn"

I ran upstairs to change and Oscar followed close behind giving me the briefing.

"Four exits. Five guards per door approximately-"

He stopped while I put my ammo belt on and gun strap. I changed into my black leather jacket with a hood and scraped my hair into a messy bun.

"Your target is a Mr Ronaldo Alberts. Around 5,2 in height, black hair, brown eyes."

I huffed" don't let me forget it". You could hear the sarcasm dripping from my voice.

Oscar looked at me intensely for what seemed like eternity then went back to staring at the mission briefing as if it were the most interesting piece of paper on the planet.

I shoved my pistol into the waistband at the back of my jeans and stuffed my pockets with ammo. Another 4 knives into my boots and two more in my hair.

What can I say? Always be prepared, ha.

"He has a rating of 8-" Oscar continued and cleared his throat.

He knows something I don't..

"He's improved" I cut in.

"-he's in the Cozwalds abandoned warehouse, about 8 miles from here. 18 minutes in the Jag" He clarified and handed me my earpiece and tracker. " I'll be on standby for instructions."

"Aye aye captain. I'll be back within an hour" I replied confidently. He's honestly the best partner I've had and trust me; I've had a lot.

Oscar turned to walk away but stopped mid stride "oh and another thing" he paused and smirked " make it a clean shot. Mitchell wants it slick and quick"

I chuckled "Of course he does." I need to find out why he's wanting him dead now and not all those years ago. "Make sure Kaila gets to bed, even if I'm not home"

"Yes I know" he whined.

I mimicked his voice and picked up my snipe bag, fastened another pistol around my ankle and snatched the keys to the white Jag. She was a cutie.

"DON'T DIE ON ME BLUEBELL. FUNERALS ARE EXPENSIVE" was all I heard when the engine roared to life.

Honestly, does he know who I am.

~

The car rolled to a stop across the road from the ancient building looming behind the tress my car was hidden with. I could see two exits at the front, both swarming with at least 4 at each door. Easy.

The warehouse was old and around 6 stories high. The red and black brick work gave an authentic look and a splash of colour to the otherwise green surroundings.