8. Not Making The Same Mistake

Juliet

"So how was yesterday's game Owen ?" My father asked.

Really ? We are gonna talk about that now during work. I saw Owen glance up at me and the looked back at my father.

"It was great. Not that exciting though."

What was he trying to say ? Was he saying that the game was not exciting or me. Again, why do you again care ? Focus.

"Dad can we get back to work." I grumbled at him.

He nodded and went back looking through the finances.

I looked up at Owen and saw something particularly familiar in his eyes. As if he was telling he wanted to see me afterwards. I quickly went down through the memory lane remembered the first time he did that. Something awfully pleasurable thing happened after that. I was flushed just thinking about it. It was as if it happened yesterday.

I looked up only to find him smirking back with a slight humour laced with desire in his eyes. I gulped and look down. I guess I have to just find out.

I was standing outside the office in the evening, ready to get home when I heard my name being called.

"Juliet, wait up !"

I looked up to find Owen running towards me.
It was like high school all over again. I know I said I wanted to find out what he had to say but something hit me in the guts when I saw the bitch blonde back. I knew he was just trying to sweet talk to me. Again.
No way was I falling for that !

I looked up at him waiting for him to catch his breath.

"What ?" I said, impatiently .

"I thought I told you to wait for me. I wanna talk."

Taken back at how easily he could read me, it irked me for some reason.

"You never said anything to me. And I don't wanna talk !"

He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me closer. Oh god.

I think I'll faint whenever he is this close to me. His musky scent enveloping me was make my head tipsy. I guess he understood the effect he still had on me, on matter how hard I try to resist.

"Juliet .." He growled my name.

Loving the way he said my name. I look up at him, eyes desperate and needy.

"You will not go out with Oliver. He is not good for you. He will use you and never look at you again. I'm not going to allow it."

He didn't request it but demanded when he said this. I woke from the trance and pulled my arm away from him.

"Excuse me ? I will go out with whoever I want. The person I should seriously avoid is you.  That's rich coming from you. After all we both know what you did to me."

I spoke in rasp.

I knew I should keep quite about the past. But the pain was too much to take in. I had to hear myself out. His brow knitted and he glared at me.

He pulled me to him once more. This time putting his arms around so that I couldn't move. I struggled but all in vain. This man is too hard to move.

"And we both know that you didn't give me a chance to explain about what happened that night." He snarled.

I hate him.

How can he speak like that ? After everything that's happened he wants to give me another one of his explanations.

I struggled from him and moved from his grasp.

"Owen don't you bloody tell me that I didn't hear you explain. It was all written on your face. The lipstick, the ruffled hair and clothes. So you don't tell me that you didn't get the chance to explain, asshole. "

I was screaming when I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and saw Oliver.

He gestured me to come to him which I gladly accepted. I hugged him tightly. He brushed his hand over hair and his mouth near my ear whispering sweet nothings.

But all I could was look over to see Owen who was star struck. He shook his head, his eyes wanting me to come over and tell him I still want him, love him.
No ! I can't go back to him.
With that, I walked away from Owen moved along with Oliver.