#1

JOHN

All day long I was sitting in my Bavarian meat store.

All day long I was staring at the same poster.

Perhaps you want to know why I was staring at a poster all day long instead of selling my stuff.

Actually it wasn't my idea.

It was Gary’s idea.

Gary is my one and only friend. I know him since elementary school. Honestly we don't have a lot in common.

He is rich, a womanizer, all day happy and addicted to his smartphone.

I'm neither rich nor a womanizer.

I'm just a Latin-American selling Bavarian meat from the U.S..

Yes it's true. There is nothing Bavarian in my store.

When I started I imported a lot from Germany. Then a man from Germany came and opened a german restaurant in my neighborhood.

Three days later all my customers were gone and I hadn't any money for buying anything from Germany. So I started to sell american products with german names.

As you can see my business isn't running at all.

Now I'm sitting in my store doing nothing. Around me there are tonnes of meat which want to be sold. By the way I'm vegetarian. In cause I don't even like this atmosphere.

When I opened my shop I wanted to raise my for my studies. Now I'm running out of money.

That's the way it is.

The little door bell started to ring.

I was surprised.

A girl with brown curly hair, broccoli green eyes and a broccoli green dress was walking in.

Normally I have three customers: an old lady living next door, a man who is always drunk and a girl being to lazy for going to Wal-mart.

This girl was none of them.

For some reasons she reminded me of broccoli. I decided to call her Broccoli.

Broccoli was walking through my counter. She seemed to be very shy.

After a few seconds she was brave enough for opening her mouth to ask whether she could have a Bratwurst. For sure I gave her one.

She sat down on one of the black chairs standing next to the counter. For sure I watched her while she ate. I didn't have to do any other stuff because as I already said she was my fourth customer.

Seeing her throwing the bratwurst in the trash can standing next to her, was surprising me.

Wasn’t it a good one?

I was too shy for asking. I'm always too shy for almost everything except from yelling at my little brother.

She went away.

I started staring at the poster again. It showed the Ulmer Münster. I have never been at the Ulmer Münster. But Gary does. I wanted to go there one day too.

Maybe if I had enough money.

First of all I wanted to study.

Maybe medicine, maybe Spanish. I didn't really know.

Well, actually I don't wanted to study at a university like my parents wants me to do. I want to go to the academy of performing arts in New York City.