This is Where it Ends

proluge

Running. What from? All I can see is fire everywhere. "Mom!" I call for her, but there's no answer. A sharp rock slits my shoes open, and I am on the ground. The rock has cut my hands and knees open as well. I manage to pull myself up. I am running again. Just in time, too. Right where I was standing, a tank of gasoline goes off and blasts my best friend's house to bits. I can feel the river of tears stream down my face. I turn the corner and I am on the edge of the most lush forest in all of the Purebreed Society. My name is Clare I am the 1567th purebreed. A Purebreed is someone with 100% human blood. I am the last one left. Somewhere in the year 2500 all the people came to what was, at the time, “The Moon”. They pumped in water and put a dome around it. Then they planted trees and started shipping in people. A plague hit Earth.  Once you got it you, were as good as dead. We are now the last ones left.

                                                                        chapter 1

Let me start from the beginning. A plague hit Earth about 100 years ago and we have been living in the Purebreed Society since. When I say we, I mean my mom, my mom's mom, and her mother. They're dead. Now, Its just me and mom. My dad died of an illnes when I was very little. We may not have the plague, but we are only human. I love travelling to the forest near our home. I collect animals as pets and I gather berries for our local Supermarket. That's how we make a living. My mother is a artist and she makes quite a bit of money with her paintings and drawings, but the supplies are not cheap. she paints the animals that I trap. I have a lots of pictures in my room. I love them all so much I couldnt part with them to save the world. my mom is one of my moms best friends. She is so open and never lies to me. I love her. So here we are in the super market trying to decide to get the cheap noodels or splerge and get the noodels that are 1 dollar more. "We dont need the nice ones we can just get those ones" mom said as she pointen to the noodels on sale. " Mom its your birthday we are getting the nice ones" I say kind but furmliy. "Fine" she says "Fine" I repete. We walk over to the chek out ond put our stuff on the counter. "Hi jen" we say to the cacher, shes my friend from high school.  "The tottal comes to $27.64" says jen. I hand her the money and she bags our food and we start walking home. Our house isnt to far away only about 5 minouts on a little trail. I make dinner when we get home, noodle soup. I turn on some music and we eat, not a moment to soon, I here moms stumic groul like a beast. we both laugh. She dose the cleaning and I go out to gather baries. I start walking to the forest and I pick fruit. Sweet ripe barries. I perse the soft skin of one with my finger by acsent so i toss it in the air, catch it in my mouth and eat the perfect black berry.  I keep walking and picking more and more untill my baasket is full. I walk to the super market and sell them for a good $30.54. thats when I see thugs 3 of them walking toward me. I turn the corner and three more, Im cornerd now.