chapter 3

chapter 3

"Jude?" I ask. "yes" he replies. "why are you here?" "Why are you here" he repeats in a mean tone. "well because I got in a fight with my mom and this is where I go when I'm sad... wait why am I telling you?" I can here the anger creeping up in my voice. " I don’t know" Jude seems too be completely calm and its starting to get on my nerve. "smart ass" I smirk at him for a wile. then we sit silent for what seems like forever. I sit and stare into his green eyes with specks of hazel in them.

"Jude?" I say in a voice that sounds like I'm about to burst out in tears.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, I guess you were just trying to help. its just... my mom and I have never gotten in a fight before. I don’t think we will know how to make up." my eyes are swelling with tears and I struggle to keep talking.

"Well you are a smart girl and I know your mom will forgive you." He comes over to me and raps one arm around me. I sit up and huddle in to his warm safe, body and cry. He just sits there and holds me.

    “its ok” he whispers in my ear.

    “thank you” I reply. After a hour of uncontrollable sobbing I get up, kiss Jude on the cheek and go deeper in the forest. I find a bush of black berries and pick all the berries off the bush.

I walk home and apologize to my mom.

   “its ok” she says. I turn to see Jude standing by the window and node then leave.

After about a month I go to the hospital and get my casts off. I go home and sit in the shower with the cold water cranked. I scrub my body from head to toes and when I get out I look fleshy, and pink. I wrap myself in my blankets and sleep for the rest of the day. When I wake up I look almost normal other than my black eye. I get dressed and go down stares to get some food. I eat about six cups of oatmeal and sit down in front of the fire. I put my long wavey blond hair in a high pony tail. I think of the day in the forest with Jude, I play it over and over in my head. I doze off in to a light sleep. I wake up to the sound of screaming. Its a mans scream, or a boys.

    “Mike!” I yell and run out side. Only too see mike with a knife stuck in his chest and the same six thugs that attacked me around him. I run toward mike and kick three thugs in the face to send them in to the in wall. Mike is sitting in a pool of his own blood. A shot of adrenalin runs thru me and I scoop him up and run him in to my house. Mike is passed out by the time we get home. Mom is in the kitchen and screams at the seen of mike, she picks up the phone and calls 911. I pull the knife out witch wasn't smart because that makes it bleeds more. It was on the right side so I didn't get his heart at least. I ride in the ambulance with Mike. When we get to the hospital the doctor makes me wait in the cafe. I get a cup of mint tea and wait. When the doctor comes out he is pushing mike in a weal chair.

    “mike” I yell. I run too him and hug him. I push I'm too his house and ask him what happened.

    “I was coming home from the library and the thugs that I beat up came and attacked me. One jumped out and thru a knife at me. I managed to dodge the first one but the second one hit me. They said something about me getting in the way of there fun and that it was your fault that they beat you up. Like you got the duct tape off and screamed. That’s when you jumped in.” mike took great care explaining what happened. It almost seemed like he was hiding something. Oh well I should really stop being so paranoid.

    “im so sorry Mike I had no idea that I could have cosed this much trouble.” I leaned toward mike and kissed him on the lips. Thats when jude burst in

  “are you alr..ig..ht?” he dropped the flowers he had broght, they said get well soon. He turned on his heal and ran.