chapter 2

Later the next day the teacher was unbelievably excited.

"Students, I sent in many many papers, only one got chosen and that was Lydia's. They printed over a hundred copies and are being sold all over the town! Wonderful job, Lydia." Mrs. Amberstone said. Lydia smiled as if it's happened before. Many people came up to congratulate her. The teacher handed me the paper and told me to pass it back one I've read it.

It was the headline " The girl in the Honda Civic." Hmmm that me curious.

"I was having an amazing with my friend, we decided to go a party out of the city. We got the party and she betrayed me, we were 3 and half hours from home and she left me. She just drove off and I walked myself home, It was 3am before I got home." I read. Holy shit, Lydia wrote about me! IN THE PAPER AND EVERYONE WILL KNOW IT WAS ME!!!! Omg, Omg, Omg. I no idea what to do so I got room my seat and darted out of class. Just as I walked out I saw Lydia smirk and the whole class was silent. Mrs. Amberstone followed shouting my name. But couldn't hear over all the people laughing at me in my head.

I ran out of the school and at this point the teacher was stopped at the door yelling my name.

***

By later that day I was home, I'd imagined my mom got a phone call from the school explaining that I left. I had ripped out the front page of the paper and taped to my wall. Everyone now knows who I am. My car was at home, glad i decided to walk today.

Lydia said she wasn't mad! She lied to me!!

Around 2pm everything started happening. People from other states were posting about it on twitter and Instagram, then I started getting messages.

'Lydia told everyone, you bitch!"

"Why would you do that to Lydia!"

"YOU'RE A HELPLESS WHORE AND I HOPE YOU DIE!"

The thing is, it's not that big of a deal, but all this was getting to me and it was starting to hurt.... A lot. And it's only Monday.

Tuesday came around slowly, my mom knew what was happening, she let me stay home. But the messages began to get more and more violent as the week passed.

I wondered if Lydia felt bad.

Early Thursday morning my mom peeked into my room.

"Hey." She says in a quiet friendly voice.

"Hi." I reply.

"I was thinking maybe...You could try school today?"Mom said with a slight smiled.

"No way." I replied and that ended that conversation.

"Ok well, I'm going off to work, I won't be back till late tonight." Mom said. "Oh and Mate should be home around 3 or 4." Mom smiled as she closed my door.

I was a Junior and Mae was a Freshman. She also gets out around 2 but stays for clubs until 3.

Oh crap, I really should have brought the flirting issues to Mate's attention.

***

I'm home again all day, I don't get up not even to pee. Around 12pm I hear the door slam shut. Hmm, must be mom, got off really early and had a bad day. But then I hear pairs of feet darting to Mate's room. Might be one of her and her stupid freshman friends skipping school again. I don't know why Mate thinks it's ok do that. I slowly get up from bed just as I hear the door slam to Mate's room.

"Damn it, Mate. You're going to break the door!" I say under my breath. Mae's room is on the opposite side of the hall from my room.

I slowly wobble down the hall, it felt so good to be out of my room for days. I round the corner to Mae's room. Then I heard a noise. A noise I shouldn't have heard from a Freshman, a 13 year old girl.