Chapter 17 | Pass the Peas

Bria was in the zone as they began their 7-hour drive back to Miami for thanksgiving break. Bambi on the other hand had her hot pink Beats over her ears and was trying to tune out everything even her thoughts.

An entire week had passed since the disaster that was Bambi's first homecoming week and she was still in her feelings. Nate had tried to talk to her, and even tried to apologize but Bambi didn't feel like it wasn't genuine.

He never tried to call her over and have a one on one conversation instead he would try to grab her in the hallway when class was over or when they passing by each other. And Bambi wasn't going to accept that.

She was glad Thanksgiving break had come when it did though, because she needed to get her mind together before she came back to school and finals started.

"Bam" Bria shoved Bambi's shoulder making her take the headphones off.

"What happened?"

"What's wrong you were crying?" Bambi touched her face not even realizing she had been crying. That's what listening to Fantasia, Tamia and Brandy would do to you.

"I'm just mad that's all" she said somberly.

"Still thinking about Nate?" Bambi nodded "that's how it is sometimes, I knew you would fall in love with him though and as bad as he acted I think he feels the same."

Bambi looked at Bria like she was sprouting another head "girl bye. If that was the case than he wouldn't have acted like, he did."

"Maybe he's scared of relationships or had a bad experience. I don't know Nate as much as you do but I don't think he would just do that. There is no way after all these months of yall being so close to each other that he doesn't want you"

Bambi thought about what Bria was saying but it didn't have the same affect it would have had it was coming from Nate. They were close enough that Bambi didn't understand why he couldn't honest with her.

She had been upfront with him about every single thing, she didn't even feel the need to lie to him.

"You may be right Bria, but why couldn't he say that if it that's how he feels. I'm honestly so confused by him because if you would hear the shit he says when we're alone you would understand. Its so crazy but I guess I'm getting what I deserved, I gave myself to a nigga knowing we would probably never be more than friends."

"Hopefully that's not true" Bria gave Bambi a hopeful look.

➤➤➤➤

"I wanna know more about this Nate nigga?" Bambi's mama said loudly. She walked into the den where Bambi and Diamond sat carrying a bottle of Moscato and some wine glasses.

"Ma I told you we were just friends, nothing more" Bambi had decided against telling her mama about everything her friendship with Nate came with. She knew her mama wouldn't judge, it was just something she didn't want to talk about.

"She lying ma, damn Bam you leave for a couple of months and you acting like you can't tell us stuff" Diamond poured herself a glass of wine and rolled her eyes.

"It's not like that, we just have a weird friendship"

"So yall are having sex?" Lauren sipped her wine and stared at Bambi even though she already knew the answer.

"And you fell in love with his ass?" Diamond added seconds later.

Bambi sighed knowing she couldn't lie anymore. "Yall both are right."

"So what happened?"

Sighing Bambi told them all about her friendship with Nate from beginning to end. From when they met, the bowling alley, the fight in the club, the situation in the Jacuzzi to what happened at the club.