Chats

Kaneki's POV:

"Who was that?" I questioned Touka.

"He's the 20th Ward's nuisance. Don't get involved with that guy." The purplette answered. "He's a real pain in the..." She added.

3rd Person's POV:

"We've been waiting for you, Sir, Madame." A waiter said to the two approaching people, as he stood outside what looked like a modern mansion.

"Good evening." The man with the crescent moon mask replied. "Tell the chef I want this sautéed..." He added.

"Certainly." The waiter answered, before turning to the girl. She was reading a book and was wearing a black assassin's mask that covered her nose and lower face.

"...I'll just have the usual..." She stated, not looking up from the page she was currently on. "Oh... Others will be joining us soon."

The duo then walked into the restaurant and sat down on the comfy, pillowed, red chairs.

"Anteiku's Kaneki huh? So very intriguing... That sent..." A familiar purple-haired man muttered.

"Hn.." Was the reply he got from the girl, who had moved onto another book, having finished the one she was reading before.

"Yo! Gourmet!" Someone shouted towards the guy. When he looked up, he saw 3 girls walking in the direction of him and the girl.

"So... You have finally showed up..."

TIME SKIP

"Kamii University... So he's enrolled here..." Tsukiyama told the brown-haired girl next to him.

"I know." She replied as they followed a path, heading straight for the smell. Whispers followed them as they made their way over to the black-haired boy, who was currently reading and drinking coffee alone on a bench.
"Kaneki!" Tsukiyama greeted, slowly waving his hand.
"Huh? Oh... Hi...?" Kaneki replied, waiting for the duo to introduce themselves.
"Shu Tsukiyama" The purplette answered.
"...Holly ... Would you mind if we sit?"
"Oh. Sure! Go ahead."
"Thank you." Holly replied as she took a sip of coffee from the thermal flask she was carrying. "...That coffee smells bitter..."
"I wouldn't have it all the time but it's the only thing I can have at school."
"You could always bring in some from your house in a thermal flask..." The girl pointed out.
"Oh yeah! I never thought of that..." Kaneki sheepishly replied, rubbing the back of his head with his hand. "So... What brings you guys here?"
"I came to see you..." Shu answered, pointing a finger at him. "If that were the reason, what would you do?"
"Um... I dunno..." 'I'd be scared'
"... Don't scare him..."
'So... That's the Gourmet that Touka was talking about... I wonder who Holly is... What do they want with me?'
"Is that a martial arts book?" Tsukiyama questioned me, once he caught sight of the cover of my book.
"Uh... Yeah. I don't really read books like these though."
"Did you know that young Holly here is known for her martial arts techniques?"
"Really? Do you think you could teach me sometime?" Kaneki enthusiastically asked the brunette.
"Possibly... Depends when and what time."
"Thank you! I really appreciate it!"
"... No problem."
"Don't worry about her. She's not very good with people, hence the reason why she usually has her head stuck in between the pages of a book. So, are you into martial arts then?"
"K-kind of. Mostly because it is not safe these days."
"Ah, I see. You are collecting knowledge of self-defence. But that can't really be very interesting to read though."
"Yeah. It's okay, but now that I can understand it more, it is easier to picture the fighting scenes now. I discovered that the parts that I didn't like before are actually more enjoyable!"
"Yeah. I know what you mean! I was the same until I met this young lady!" Tsukiyama waved his hands in the direction of the brunette who, once again, was reading.
"... I find that if you know even just a little bit of he background information of a book then you can understand and enjoy the book even more..."
"Yep! I believe that a piece of work can be enjoyed more thoroughly the closer the reader's awareness gets to the author's. You can imaging yourself walking freely in that imaginary world, from your point of view, to the creators or even an ordinary character created by the author. It makes me tingle with excitement!"
"You guys really like books don't you?" Kaneki questioned, a bit confused from Tsukiyama 'little' speech.
Holly chose not to answer that question, as it was quite obvious that she loved reading. A lot. The French ghoul, however, decided to speak again.
'Why must you make him talk again, Kaneki? It is getting annoying and I like to read in silence.' The brown-haired ghoul thought to herself.
"I am able to forget who I am... only when I am engrossed in a book." The purplette slowly spoke. "Fiction is what has helped me through tough times." He continued.
Kaneki had nothing to reply to that. He thought about how books had taken his mind off of everything when he was a child and both of his parents had died and left him all alone.
"So, I heard that you read Takatsuki? The regulars at Anteiku told me." Shu quickly changed the subject, noticing Kaneki's sudden discomfort.
"Huh? Oh, yeah. I think that her style is quite subtle, but there is an inner strength to it. Her work fascinates me and I have to keep reading her books!"
"I like her works as well!"
"...Takatsuki huh? I see she has become quite popular." Holly whispered.
"You know, there is a café I really like, that is run by a book lover. You are able to smell the aroma of old books and coffee and it is blended in just the right way as you sit and read, converse or drink the sweet coffee. The ambience is oh so very comforting." Tsukiyama said, crossing his legs. "I hear that Takatsuki herself shows up sometimes."
"What?! Takatsuki?! Um... It does sound fun..." Kaneki replied.
"We can go anything you would like! We can bring our favourite books and share them! I'm positive that you will love it there!"
'I really want to go with him, but I know that he is up to something. He doesn't look like a bad person, but it can completely trust him... And that Holly person... Just who is she?" The blackette thought.
"Did Miss Kirishima say something about us?" Shu asked, sensing the mood.
"Uh, um..."
"Don't worry! It's okay, we know."
"... We have always been misunderstood..."
"That is right. No one understands us..."

A/N: Hey people of this unknown universe! Sorry for the late update! This is quite a long chapter! (1097 words, NOT including the author note). I hope that this makes up for it! Just so you know, I am NOT dropping this story, of any of my other stories. Once again, sorry for the late update! Bye!