Chapter 12

"Ben?" I whispered.

He nodded. " But it's not his fault, it's our uncle! You can't get mad at him, he doesn't understand what he's doing!" Charlie said. He was clearly, upset, trying to make me understand, not be mad at Ben. He was practically begging me not to hate them. I saw what this meant to him, but my stomach had opened up and dropped down to the center of the earth, where it was now burning.

"No." I whispered. "Ben, sweet innocent Ben. With his pranks and jokes. His cheeky little grin." I said. Tears had started rolling down my cheeks, and my knees were begging to feel weak.

Charlie looked down, as though unable to see me cry. "I think... I think you can save him, you and Quinn." He said. It seemed as though he'd been afraid to say it, but now that he had it was all he had.

I had a horrible feeling, as he pleaded silently with those big eyes, that I was his last hope, if this didn't work Ben would die and Charlie would be next. The evil he'd worked so hard to ward off would get him and his world would be plugged into the dark and splattered with red. I wouldn't let that happen to my friend.

But neither of us had time to say anything, because freezing cold exploded through the house. the windows on the front door iced over and frost crept up the walls. Charlie collapsed to his knees, fists pressed to his temples as he shook his head and wailed in pain. 

chills crept up my spine and my eardrums felt like they were gonna burst. Charlie pressed his forehead against the carpet , body shaking as his voice broke. 

I couldn't tell what was worse, the blood curdling screaming or the deafening silence. He rolled onto his back, mouth still open as he tried to scream. A strangled sound made it's way out of his mouth as his back arched. Fingers clawed at his hair, pulling at it and scratching his scalp. blood dripped onto the carpet, staining it as much as this moment was staining my mind.

tears leaked down his cheeks, two little rivers cascading down Charlies tortured face. he rolled over again so he was on his stomach. he brought his hands down, his fingers scraping and tearing the skin along his cheeks. soon his face was covered in blood.

then he was still. his body went limp and his face relaxed. panic fluttered through me when i saw he wasn't breathing.

SarahStrachan4, please don't kill me. 

Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for the long wait, I dunno what happened. I don't have a life, so that's not what got in the way, and I never have homework so I really have no excuse. I feel like I need to go into hiding because i made you wait that long and then might've...killed...Charlie... 

PLEASE DON"T KILL ME!!!!!!!!!