Chapter twelve

As I find consciousness, two things come to me at once. First is that Cooper is holding me so tight that I think our bodies may have melded together, and second if so that's going to make it very hard to deal with my other pressing issue. My bladder.
I kiss him softly on the chest and try to slip out of his hold, I feel him grip me tighter.
"Not happening baby girl" his deep voice tells me. Mmm maybe I don't need to get up after all.
"Hey lover, sleep well?" I ask kissing some more.
"Hmm baby, keep kissing me I dare you" he challenges ignoring my question.
"And if I don't?" I ask with a smile kissing him again.
I squeal as he rolls me over and pins me beneath him. His eyes see all the way into my soul and he kisses my mouth. I laugh and tap his shoulder.
"Coop hold that thought" my eyes dart to the bathroom and back and he grins.
"You have two minutes and I'm coming in after you" he kisses my forehead letting me up.
"I'll only need one" I tell him and disappear behind the bathroom door.
After I finish I wash my face and brush my hair quickly, I can see the bruises I knew would greet me this morning are in fact on my shoulders. I really hope this won't upset Coop, they happened in an act of passion I could never regret.
"Times up woman, I'm coming in" he calls out and I laugh opening the door and bouncing back into our bed.
"No need I'm here Chuckles" I tell him slipping under the covers.
"Baby, your arms?" He sounds strangled.
"Calm down, it doesn't hurt. Think of them like hickeys, marks of our love" I tell him.
"Baby, I'm sorry. When?" He folds me into his arms.
"In the car, it really is okay. You couldn't hold me tight enough, for both of us" I tell him with a kiss.
He shakes his head and I nod.
"I didn't hurt you?" He a asks tracing his thumb over my shoulder.
"I promise"
"You have to tell me if I do, Iz my greatest fear is hurting you" he brushes my hair out of my face and I nod.
"You hungry lover?" I ask already knowing the answer.
"Hmm yeah" he smiles at me.
"No room service this morning, you will have to make do with my cooking" I tell him
"Perfect" he kisses me.
"Yes you are" I sneak in as I climb out of bed and I feel the sting of his hand on my ass.
His chuckle follows me as I pull on his tee shirt from last night and climb the stairs.
"I'll be up in a minute, I love you" he calls and I stop in my tracks, I turn to him and smile.
"Not as much as I love you" I tell him then race up to the kitchen.
Coffee and omelettes, I start with the eggs and finish with the coffee. Cooper appears as if my magic as I set our small table.
"Need any help babe?" He asks holding me from behind.
I wonder how many times he wanted to ask me that question in that way, instead of from the other side of the room.
"In fact yes I do, there is this spot right back here I need kissed" I tell him pointing to the back of my neck. He hits the spot and then some.
"Anything else?" He asks breathless.
I smile, is this how everyday with him will start?
"Sit, eat" I tell him and claim my own chair.
I sip my coffee and watch him eat.
"So good" he says around a mouthful.
"Hey love, can you take me to the hospital this morning?" I ask and he nearly drops his fork. I laugh. "No I'm fine, I want this fucker off" I tell him holding up my cast.
"I'm curious that's for sure" he nods
"I'm sure, that's for sure" I say.
"I love that you ask me for my help" he tells me his expression giving away that he does.
"No one I'd rather have by my side" I say.
"So big day for you then, hospital, dress shopping and first day of your new job. Make sure you're not late, don't wanna give the boss a bad impression" he smirks.
"I didn't think I had one, and it's really too bad. If I did I could sleep my way to the top" I wink at him over my coffee cup.

The wait at the hospital is long and frustrating, I help the time pass staring at my man. I can tell Cooper is getting uncomfortable under my stare but he is by far the best thing here to look at. Over to my left there's a man with a giant nail through the middle of his hand and it's seriously nasty to look at. On our right is a overweight woman with five children under ten by the looks of it, all of them are dirty, loud and swear more than me. It makes me glad I don't have any, she looks ready to give up on life and by the sounds of her many extremely loud phone conversations her husband is ready to give up on her too.
I brush the hair out of Cooper's eyes and trail my fingers over the side of his jaw, he looks up from the women's fitness magazine and smiles at me. The way he looks at me, it's like the first time he sees my face.
"Tell me about our wedding" I say really just wanting to hear his voice.
"What do you mean?" He asks confused. I smile.
"The one you have thought about your whole life"
"Oh right, well it's always different. You are always so beautiful, that never changes. I never imagined a church and I don't know why, maybe because of the way your hair shines in the sunlight. Thinking about our first kiss as husband and wife has gotten me over the line more times then I'll ever admit to" he winks at me and I know to what he refers to and images of him in our motel room fill my mind.
I rest my face on his shoulder, I need a minute to absorb that. Of all the things he could fantasise about he imagined his wife's kiss, my kiss. I groan, I seriously love this man. He kisses my hair and I feel his smile.
"I love you too baby girl" he whispers to me.
He is getting good at sensing my feelings, I hold onto my stone.
"So the gardens was a good choice then?" I ask and he smiles
"Is that where it's all happening? It's perfect" he tells me
"What do you mean? we have talked about this already" I say and he shakes his head at me.
"I thought maybe I would just get an invitation or something" he teases.
Oh no, I think back and he is right we never really had a conversation about this.
"I'm sorry Chuck, you were sleeping and I got so excited planning everything you would love and booked it in. When you woke up I got distracted" I mumble embarrassed.
"I remember, your excitement was exciting for me. I really enjoyed distracting you" he laughs.
"It will be beautiful, the flowers will be in full bloom. The package I selected for us includes everything, all we have to do is show up and say I do" I can hear the excitement in my voice as I tell him.
"I'll be there" he kisses my lips and drops the magazine he was holding. My breathing gets heavy as he doesn't stop.
There is a tapping on Coopers arm that has us breaking apart, I look down and a small child definitely under two years of age holds the magazine for Cooper. Her blonde curls and big blue eyes stare up at him. Coop takes the magazine smiling.
"Thank you, sweetie" he coo's to her and she laughs.
The sound of her laughter makes my chest ache and the way she holds her hands out to him to be picked up has my heart skipping a beat.
He accepts her and he is a natural, making her laugh with his funny faces. He would make a great father. I watch them play feeling so selfish that I am taking this from him. Coop frowns and places a hand on his chest, his eyes look to me and they are glassy. His expression panicked and so sad.
I shake my head.
"Just give me a minute" I whisper and walk out of the room.
I don't go far, I just pace on the other side of the door. I try to calm myself, I need to guard my feelings better. As much experience I have in blocking them out it should be easy for me.
I tell myself I have never wanted children, it's okay that I can't. I should have told Cooper before he asked me to be his wife, that should have been his decision to give that up and I didn't respect that. Knowing how much he dreamed of our wedding I'd put money on the fact he also imagined our children. I push my emotions down, bury them to deal with later. I lift my head, square my shoulders and walk back in to my man.
"Sorry, just needed a moment" I say when I sit beside him.
"Isabel are you okay? What was that about?" He asks taking hold of my hand. He sits alone and the loud family has gone.
"I'm fine, Coop you don't need to worry" I smile at him hoping he believes me.
"You are a terrible liar baby, but I'll let this go for now" he kisses my hand and I rest my head on his shoulder.
We sit in silence til my name is called. More X-Ray's reveal perfectly healed bones and I try to explain to the doctor that it must be his good medical skills and the fact that I am an excellent patient. He agrees to take off the cast but wants me to wear a splint as much as possible just incase. I agree knowing full well I'm not wearing it. Cooper sits quietly watching with only a slightly shocked look on his face.