Possible scene

Quick note: [Book 5]  this isn’t some book or movie where everyone you get to know all join together and defeat the bad guy in a day and everyone makes it out alive. No this is real life, and the truth is that most of us aren’t going to make it out alive. I am among those many that will die. I know this because I’ve seen it and I know it has to happen. Every guardian is shown there last thing they will ever see when their bodies merge with the crystals. Everyone wants to know their purpose in life, but what if you were born so you could die. Die to save all those that have wronged you. Die for those who aren’t even living. To die knowing that no one will remember you. Die knowing that they don’t even know that you ever existed. So I ask you, is it worth it? To die all alone being consumed by darkness. No one should know their future. So I ask you again is it worth it? Why should I have to die for those I don’t even believe should live. If you had to choose between saving an entire galaxy that hates you and saving yourself do you really think you could do it? I have given everything I have and more. I have lost everything, and having nothing left to lose, and yet I still hold on. So tell me why? Why must I die? Of all the trillion of people in this galaxy why must it be me?”  (no answer from the old guardians)    “no, I quit I won’t do it”  Old guardian “you would really leave those innocent to suffer at the hands of Him?”

Lathe “this is not my fault!  This was your doing! If you’re so powerful, do something about it yourselves”

Old guardian “don’t you think we’ve tried? We have been through this time and time again. We cannot afford to send you back this time”

Lathe “Again?... how many times have I gone back?”

Old guardian “enough to drain the crystal’s power nearly completely”

(Lathe falls to her knees and then sit’s back against a pillar. One of the old guardians approaches her)

Old guardian “ The last time you went back you swore you’d fix everything”

Lathe “ But that wasn’t me, it was a version of me, but… it wasn’t me”

Other old guardian “ It’s true this version of you suffered a great deal more than all the others, however that doesn’t excuse this behavior”

Lathe “ My behavior? My behavior! If anything has been inexcusable it’s your behavior. I mean what do you guys even do? You just give bad advice and sit back and watch as you’re “chosen ones” do all the work. You want me to save your ass’s well you better start French kissing mine”  

Old guardian “ You will obey us”

Lathe “No, you will obey me. I decide whether we live or die, and I know there’s a version of me where I just let this place go to hell.”         

Old guardian “ We will not tolerate this level of disrespect”    

Lathe “Than I guess we’ll all die”

Old guardian leader “ You need us just as much as we need you”

Lathe “no, I don’t. I don’t need anything from you”

Old guardian “If you don’t do your duty, we will strip you of your powers”

Lathe “Go ahead take them. Take it all you already have”

Old guardians “make no mistake, once there gone you’re of no use to us anymore”

(Lathe rises and stretches out her arms) “Then it’s settled”