Chapter 29

The hours flew by as the pair worked. Arthur grinned brightly after he had finished cleaning the office, everything was perfect. Well perfect enough for him. Alfred had tried multiple times to do something else other then work, however the omega in his office always steered him back to the laptop. Eventually Alfred got everything done two hours faster than normal.

"Alright, dude I have to attend a meeting right now. You'll be fine if I just leave you here right? If you have any questions just ask Toris, he's my secretary." Alfred smiles.

"Alright, well hurry up and get to that meeting. I'll be fine, well as long as Gilbert doesn't come and annoy me." Arthur sits down in Alfred's office chair.

"Don't worry about Gil, he'll be attending the meeting as well." Alfred says.

"Also what's the receptionist's name? She was very friendly." Arthur asks.

"Didn't you read the name tag?" Alfred asks. He just got a shake of the head and a scowl in return. "Well her names Jocelyn, she's pretty cool although I think she isn't a fan of me." Alfred laughs slightly.

"Somehow I'm not surprised." Arthur smiles at Alfred. Alfred then closes the door and walks over to Toris' desk.

"Hello Mr. Jones, what can I do for you?" Toris asks.

"Could you get these to Raivis and Eduard?" Alfred asks handing over a few folders. "Also, could you keep an eye on Artie for me? If something happens come and get me straight away, even if I am in the middle of a meeting." Alfred says sternly. The beta nods and scurries off. Alfred then continued on his journey to the elevator. Once inside he went to the 20th floor where the meeting would be held.

"Hey Al!" Gilbert grins. Gilbert was early, like always, and was spinning around in the office chair.

"How you got a job here I will never know." Roderich sighs looking at his cousin. Gilbert just scrunches up a piece of paper and throws it at the beta.

"Shut up." Gilbert huffs.

"I've never seen you so early Jones, why the sudden punctuality?" Roderich asks.

"Arthur wanted me here early, plus I finished all my work so I had nothing to do." Alfred pulls up a seat.

"Wait what? Arthur?" Gilbert questions confused, his German accent thickening slightly.

"Yeah, we uh... We scented last night and when he went to work this morning Francis kicked him out of the shop pretty much." Alfred cringed when he heard a bang. He looked over to see that Gilbert had flipped his chair backwards. Roderich looked over at their bosses who had just entered the room.

"You did what?" Gilbert freaked out.

"What did Alfred do?" Alfred chuckled nervously looking up at the CEO.

"He scented Arthur, like the Arthur. Roddy can you believe that! Arthur and him scented! Arthur!" Gilbert cried out.

"It was by accident." Alfred says.

"Accident? Accident!" Gilbert sits down again and puts a hand to his forehead. "I think I'm going to pass out." He says dramatically.

"Can we just get the meeting over and done?" Alfred asks, hiding his face in his hands.

"Yes, let us continue." Alfred didn't pay that much attention to what everyone was saying. It was the same thing he heard all the time; that business was running smoothly. It was also filled with compliments saying how good all of us were handling running so many new staff. Alfred had stood up and given his speech on the rise of beta attacks in certain towns and the decline of beta attacks in other places. He then bought up the attacks that had happened two days ago. This perked his CEO's attention, much to Alfred's delight.