Chapter 4; It's Been A While

I'm back from London and I've got a bunch of ideas to write out so here's part four!

x

-

It's been three days since Rogers came stomping onto Isla Nublar with his stupid face and stupid plan to take over the island. He had told us InGen would gather up all the dinosaurs back into their paddocks and re-build the park, as long as they got to take over the island. Owen and I knew that there was no way InGen would take no for an answer, so now it was no longer time to take back the island, it was time to defend it.

It was currently Saturday morning, December 12th, and Owen and I were sitting in the bungalow, freezing. Owen put up a Christmas tree last week and so now it was his responsibility to sweep up all the pines that laid on the floor, which is what he was doing.

"When do you think InGen will be back?" I asked, breaking the warm silence filling the room. Owen sighed and laid the brook against the wall, walking over and sitting down on his bed.

"I don't know, but probably soon. I mean, it's not like they're running out of time, the park isn't planning to re-open anytime soon, but they will want to do it as soon as possible," he answered, and I nodded, letting out a deep breath. The past three days have been hard, waiting for an attack we knew was going to happen. By attack, I don't mean them coming in with bombs and guns, but more along the lines of them trying to push us out. Owen and I stayed quiet for the next few minutes, before my phone started ringing from the nightstand. I looked over and picked it up, seeing Claire's name on the screen. I looked at Owen and showed him the phone, before I picked it up.

"Claire? Is everyt-" I was cut off by Claire's heavy breathing.

"Sky! Sky, you need to come quick! NOW!" Claire said, voice loud. I nodded and quickly hung up the phone, turning to Owen.

"Owen... Claire sounded pretty worried.. we gotta go.. like, now," I said, putting on my jacket, taking the keys to my jeep and running outdoors, the cold air making everything seem so much more real and intense. Owen was behind me within seconds and sooner or later we were both in my jeep barreling towards the control room. Owen sat silently in the passengers seat, and the silence was thick and harsh, no one dared breaking it. My eyes were focused on the road in front of me as my foot was stomping down on the gas pedal, pushing us closer by the minute. From afar, I could see the control room come into sight. I stepped on it and felt myself be pushed back into my seat, which was vibrating due to the intense use of the engine. I pulled up to an empty spot and slammed on the breaks, and Owen clutched onto his seat belt for dear life.

"Geez, Sky, let's not die," Owen said, lightening the mood a little. I rolled my eyes at him and got out, slamming the door and taking off upstairs, Owen right behind me. Once we were in the room, panting and terrified, we walked in on Claire with a huge smile on her face. What. The. Hell.

"What's wrong, Claire? Why... Why the hell are you grinning like a child?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed and heart beat a little too fast. I gripped the bar next to me, and leaned against it. Damn, I need to work out more.

"Nothing's wrong, Sky!" Claire grinned, pointing at the screen. I gave her a 'what the hell' look once again before my eyes followed to where her finger was pointing. I looked up at the screen and what I saw made my heart rate slow down immediately, maybe almost stop. My entire body froze over and my eyes widened in an instant, and before I knew it, I broke out into one of the biggest smiles I've ever had. On the screen was Terry, alive and well in the free forests of Isla Nublar, his little arms by his side as he munched on probably a rabbit or squirrel, his large teeth bare and his skin smooth. A hand clasped over my mouth and tears welled up in my eyes. I was certain he was dead, that I hadn't saved my baby T-Rex, but there he was, moving and well. And my heart warmed instantly.