chapter 1

Where is he?..
The silence only made it worse. I had my arms around my legs on the floor waiting for him to come.minutes seemed to be hours. I began to panic. He had said 11 and now surely it was past that time.

Hope was starting to slip away and the deceptive voice in her mind was becoming stronger. There went her freedom. That's what you get for trusting your master.Mr sydene was not my master he was a friend. He promised to help her, to give her her freedom back.
The clock dinged again. That was when the last of the hope left and I dropped my head.it was already past 2am and he was still not here.

Air left my lungs and that dry taste she felt every day at the back of her mouth before this plan gave her hope, was back tears well up in her eyes.
She looked beyond the iron bars.this was going to continue.disappointment set in......
She was curled up against the wall on the damp floor for what seemed like ages waiting for morning to come and her hard ships to start all over again.
Sleep almost set in when she heard the faint sound of foot steps. Faster as they grew louder.louder and louder then they stoped.

Goergina? Why u sleeping! . Get up! We gonna be late." his voice did not get her up as fast as the sound to the keys on the locks.
"why were so late? you said eleven. "she asked her voice shaking.he pulled her out of the cell and to they made their way through the dark hall before he answered "was waiting for the poison to set in.took longer than I thought." georgia looked back at the man .he was growing old now with gray hairs on his balding head. With this small stature and fat stomach, he did not look intimidating he only ever talked to her out of the slaves and he was helping her go free.

Cool air got her back to the present
as they turned a corner. She was running away from her captors in the middle of the night and sdyner Mr was helping her do it. As they got out she looked up to the sky.. The dark nights sky she had not seen in months.then she realised how cold it was.

"on't u be looking girl u got to go now." he called to her. She ran toward him where he stood with another man by a fruit cart. "climb in we ain't got time. " "darne is gonna take to away to where you'll find your way. "he made me lie down and cover my head then turned to give Darne instructions. I sat up from my position just as we were to leave "Mr sdyner thank u for helping me I am endlessly grateful."

He held a faint smile" hold it to nothing child. " he said then walked back to the building as the cart began to move.

********************************.

We traveled for four days, stopping occasionally to sleep.not once did Darne say a word to me. He dropped my food and then started again to move the carte. She gazed at the stars as the night came and always a scence of freedom filled her heart. She would find a Safe little village and settle down get a job and maybe get married. That was not a bad idea..

Georgina awoke when the carte came to a stop she heard darne get down. After alittle while she heard voices around the carte. The cloth over her head was taken off and a man pulled her down. Once was on her feet she saw a well dressed man look her through then began to count money into Darne 's hands.
" what are u doing? "she half screamed at him. But he did not answer. She tried moving towards him and was held back. "no. No! "
This was not happening again!

Fear was just a word.Georgina told herself that but it always cane back to hunt her. She sat on the marble floor of her new cell. Everything was so hard. Why were people so wicked.
She held her legs to her chest. The room was silent she only heard the sounds of the guards feet on the floor as they passed. She had hoped that it would be different. Hoped to be free. The guard passed by her cell raking his fingers on the bars. She looked up as he passed. Then she realised she was truly alone again and that she could only trust one person.

Herself.
And she thanked Mr sdyner for showing her that.