Chapter One

*Lily's POV*

Remus shuffled around the Common Room nervously.

"Remus, he'll be fine." I whispered hoarsely. Remus shook his head and continued pacing. The portrait opened and closed silently. Sirius shrugged off the Invisibility Cloak. I looked at him expectantly.

"No."

"Nowhere?"

"Sorry, Moony."

" 'Sokay." Remus collapsed into the nearest chair. I hated seeing him like this. This was all my fault. Sirius put hesitated hs arm slightly raised, and then he slipped it around me. I found myself twisitng so my head was on his shoulder and crying.

"Its all my fault!" I sobbed. Sirius took me to a nearby sofa and we sat down. He hugged me gently.

"None of this is your fault, alright?" he said softly. I opend my mouth to argue, but he ct across me "No, Evans- Lily. None of this is your fault, trust me Lily. None." he said confidently.

"How'd you know that?" I croaked.

"I just do. He isn't the type of person to jump off the Astronomy Tower because you rejected him... Again. Sorry! I... Lily?" I suddenly leapt up.

"Sirius... He is though! He seemed really upset when he asked me... Mabye... No." I mutterd. I grabbed the Invisibility Cloak, and shrugged it on.

"LILY!" Remus and Sirius shouted into the darkness. I ran out of the Common Room, to the highest tower. I saw someone next to a small fire, a wand and two pieces of a broomstick.

"James?" I whisperd softly, taking the Cloak off. A messy black-haired boy looked up at me. I caught sight of tear lines as he looked into my eyes.

"What you want?" he said thickly. I walked closer to him. There was a small puddle of thick red...

"BLOOD!" I squeaked. James tried to cover the marks on his wrist but I grabbed them. "James! What... W-what have you d-done?" I stammerd. "P-please t-tell me th-this isnt m-my fault!" I looked into his dark eyes and he stared without fault.

"This is not your fault." he confirmed.

"Then... Why?" I whisperd. James' eyes flashed with anger.

"Like you care! Sirius and Remus ahevn't even asked, they haven't noticed I'm gone!" he snapped.

"They have! Sirius has been searching for hours! James we're all worried!" I gulped, close to tears now. James saw my tear-filled eyes, and pulled me into himself.

"My sister." he said simply.