Chapter 3

It is night time and I am Syrus (pronounced - sigh russ) . I never ever see anything but what I've known and that is the basement of the king. Who is the King you may ask? Well, you see, Alex the soul stealer is the King... well... ever since Queen Samira died. Samira was a fair Queen, but now that Alex is King, nobody has seen the light of day... Well, that is a lie, because some people he does treat fairly. Okay, I do admit, that before he was royalty, Alex was just a boy who wanted to learn magic so he could protect the queen (mainly because he had a crush on her). And so after that, he became the queens royal magician and he fought many battles to protect the queen. But then one day, Queen Samira got struck down with something that no-one knew of and all of a sudden she died right before Alex's eyes. And so, from that day forward, Alex was appointed king.

______________________________________________________________________________

"H-h-hello?? Is anyone in here?" I ask as I search the huge building. I hear a noise and I stop. I continue on down the large corridors and then I come to a stop because there is a locked gate and a sign that says 'please wait for someone to come open the gate, your attendance is necessary.' And so, I waited. About two hours went by and I felt myself fall asleep. Could this really be happening whilst waiting for someone to open this mystery gate? I then hear footsteps. Very loud ones at that. I awaken quickly as I notice these tall legs walk towards the gate. I rub my eyes and I see a person staring at me. Their eyes look blank and then they grab me by my arm and pull me through the gate. I went straight through it and it didn't even hurt. Like what was going on right now. The person then dragged me to this room and once I was in the room I got thrown onto a bed. The person then let go of me and walked out of the room and locked the door behind them. Well, this is nice. I sigh and then look down and see a nice beach. Kind of like the one that first took me too this weird and wacky world. I sigh as I wonder where Mason is. I mean, is he going to do so much world jumping that he dematerialises into particles and spreads himself all over the different dimensions? Cause if that is the case, I need to find him quickly. About a minute later I fall asleep on the comfy bed and then I hear a noise. I awake to find this pale skinned boy with dark hair, ocean blue eyes and whose wearing dark clothes, is standing right in front of me. I scream and then the boy covers my mouth with his hand and says "Shh..." before removing his hand from my mouth. I had stopped screaming. Still in shock I ask "Who are you? And what was that creepy person that dragged me here!" The boy laughed. As he laughed, I noticed he had fangs. "So, you are a vampire?" The boy smiled and said "I am the one you are looking for. I am the one they call Alex the soul stealer, but telling you the truth, I only steal the souls of the bad. I don't hurt the good souls." I sighed in relief and said "Uh, I have this friend, you may know him. His name is Mason. I am trying to get him to stay in this world with me, but I think he may be world jumping and dematerialising and uh yeah. How can I find him?" Alex looks at me and says "Ahh... a world jumper. Well first of all you won't ever find a world jumper. A world jumper will ALWAYS find you. I mean, lets face it, if he were to find you, you'd have to be in immediate danger. How do I know this, well I used to be a world jumper because it was part of what I did, and well then it tired me out to the point where I had no magic left, and now I have to eat magic bread to regain my magical powers. Speaking of which do you have a loaf?" I smile and say "Yes. But the person who gave it to me said it was the last one ever until he made more." Alex looked to the window and said "Thats because I keep making magic bread. But to be honest, it isn't really magic bread. It's just regular bread that makes you feel good because of the quality of its taste." I was shocked and then stared out the window for some reason. I guess looking out the window today must be really good. "So. About your friend.He is a world jumper. He crosses worlds and then if he has crossed enough worlds, he will dematerialise. And you don't wan't that to happen. Right?" Alex says whilst looking down into the ocean. "Uh yeah. That's right. He shouldn't dematerialise because that is not something that should happen." I say for I am stunned by the ocean view. "Hmm... well, there is something that you could try, but I don't recommend it. I mean if you seriously want to try to catch up with your world jumping friend that is." I sigh and all I hear is a bunch of mumbled words. "HELLO WOMAN!" I am not paying attention to what is being said to me because the ocean is looking nice. I then stare at the sky and look at the clouds. They are fluffy and then I teleport away from the tall building that I am in and I then find myself in another world. It is nice but yet, new. I then stare out into the distance and I see Mason. He stares at me and then runs away. I run after him but it is too late. He has jumped worlds again. Why? What can he be running from? What was so bad that he did that he is now running from. I don't get it. I wish I knew. Is it something from his past that has caught up with him? I sigh as I walk through this new world. It is different to the last one. I then see a sign that says 'Mezaturnipata'. I guess that was the name of the new world. I walked in and I saw a magical sight. There was people creating flowers out of leaves and roses out of red paint. But how? What was this?? I kept walking through the town and a resident stopped me and said "Miss, you cannot be chasing after world jumpers. For it is said that if you are in danger, a world jumper will rescue you. Not the other way around. You cannot rescue a world jumper. It is not your duty. You must leave. Now. You must go back to the world you came from. Yeah sure I get you want to explore the different worlds, but don't go chasing after world jumpers. It isn't worth it." I sigh and said "Fine. But I just teleported here so, what does that make me?" The resident turned around and faced their back to me before saying "A teleporter of worlds aye? Nobody has seen one of those for a long time. You are a very interesting being. Go after the world jumper but be ward, once you run out energy, you will lose track of time and space." I then walk to the end of the town and search for the prettiest thing I see. I stare at a flower which is blooming and it spurts out diamonds and emeralds. I then am teleported to a new world.