COLIN

As I predicted, my cousin, Lincoln answered the door when I pressed the bell. His eyes widen when he saw Kath, who was standing nervously beside me.
And then both of them do nothing. They just stare at each other. For a long while.

"So." I said uncomfortably.
It's a simple word, really, but both of them seemed startled, like they forgot that I'm here, like they even forgot to breath. Kath blush. Lincoln still looked confused.

"You're not going to let us in ?"
Lincoln turn to look at Kath uncomfortably. "Uhh. Sorry about that. Come on in."
-----------------------------------------
"So..what are you doing here ?" Lincoln asked Kath, still in amazement, after he serve her a cup of tea and told me to get whatever I wanted by myself. The three of us are sitting on the living room sofa.

"You told me to meet you here. You told me you have something to show me." Kath said quietly while taking sips of her tea.
Lincoln's eyes widen, and then he sighed; as if he just remember something. And then...nothing. I had never heard silence before; not like this. I knew that when you don't see a special someone for a long time, it might get awkward between you two, because you're not used to them anymore. I get that. But Lincoln and Kath could make you feel the silence, especially when you're the third wheel in the room.

"Actually, Kath, I think I really have to tell you something." Lincoln said after a really long time, glancing at me,"In private."
I shrugged, feeling a bit relief that I don't have to be in the same room when he finally tell Kath the truth, while feeling relief that I'm not the one who have to tell her, like he mentioned yesterday. But then I feel bad for Kath too.

"Ed, I've been looking for you. Gosh, this is house is so big, I could-"

I bite my bottom lips. Yep, as I predicted, Bethany happen. As I was going to get up from the sofa and leave the room, she let herself in. Apparently my grandma's house is not big enough to hide from her. But even Beth got caught off-guard when she saw us sitting awkwardly with Lincoln on the living room. Well, no, I'm pretty sure she used to see me being awkward around Lincoln. I lived here, after all. I'm pretty sure, it's her realization of Kath's presence that silence her.

A puzzled look crossed her face. She turned to Lincoln. "Eddie, who is this ?"

"This is Katherine." Lincoln said as if the name explain everything, while he looked at Beth pleadingly. But apparently, to them, it does. Beth smiled at Kath as she nods, "Ah..the girlfriend."

Poor Kath seemed to at lost for words, color drained from her face as she tried to lift her head to meet Beth's eyes. "And you are....?" Beth giggle, while sitting beside Lincoln and crossing her legs, which was harder to do nowadays, considering her pregnancy started showing.

"Oh, you're funny !"Beth playfully slapped Lincoln's forearm. "Ed, English people are funny."

Lincoln smirked uncomfortably, and I'm scratching the back of my head.

"I'm Bethany Williams. Eddie's wife."