Chapter 1

*4 years ago*

It was the first day of freshman year. Summer flew by, I thought to myself as I pulled out my jean shorts and hoodie. I couldn't care less to what I looked because I hated my image and I just thought I was shit. I had my hair set to like a beached waved curl, perfect winged eyeliner, and laced up my adidas superstars. I went downstairs to get a pop tart. 

"Morning mom," I say opening the silver pouch. "Meet you in the car."  I say and leave my house, unexcited of the day to come.

We arrive to hell itself.

"Have a good day! Pick you up at 2:22!" Mom said.

"Okay." I replied, shutting the door at a quick pace.

I set up my locker and made it to perfection, even though I knew it would be slowly destroyed by tomorrow, but oh well.  I grabbed my binder and pencil case and turned and knocked bodies and I was on the ground.

"Oh sorry, my fault." I muttered, cheeks flaring up with embarrassment.

He grabbed my wrists and helped me up. 

"Thanks." I said meeting his gaze.

He had the kind of eyes where you could picture a universe, endless possibilities deepening within oceans of blue.

(his thought)
I figured, I just ran into this girl and it didn't matter. She wasn't my type. But after I really started looking, she had the prettiest and deepest of blue eyes. I was always more of brown eyed kind of guy, but her eyes were just reflecting the blue of the skies, mixing light green to make the complex of the universe much more complicated, and this complex pattern is starting to remain in my mind.

"No problem, I'm Chandler. And you are?" He smirked at me, not breaking my gaze, clearly interested in me.

"Kayleen." I offered a small smile.

"Well, Kayleen, it's very lovely to meet you." He bent down and grabbed my books.

"Thanks again." I responded taking them.

He smiled and walked off.

I was stuck in his eyes. I was now lost in his eyes, and now I'm not so sure I wanted to try and find a way out.

*present day*

Driving to god knows where, singing to the radio, eating cotton candy, drinking soda, enjoying life, the two of us.

I pull out my camera. My camera was a part of me that would never leave. I had this obligation to capture the beauty in objects through a different prospective. But, the real beauty happened to be driving the car. I turn to look at him and I've fallen in love with my best friend and he felt the same.

"Love, you're staring."

"Sorry, Chandler. It's hard to not admire a view." I say, focusing my eyes back on the road to find out where our final destination will be.