Chapter 2

Y/N = your name
YL/N = your last name
     F/C = favorite color
H/C = hair color
E/C = eye color

y/n's POV

I still remember saving him. Zane demanded that he came with us or he'd destroy Phoenix Drop. I was and still am Zane's best guard, it also known as Head Guard, the same role Garroth is in Phoenix Drop. Something about Garroth interests me, how he didn't want to marry to save his village, simply because he didn't lover her.

That interests me, he ran away because of it. I want to get to know him. Not as the guard who forced him to return and marry the daughter of Scaleswind. I want to get to know him as a friend, or at least not as an enemy. "Come on." I tell him reaching my hand for him to take. He takes it, his hand is.....soft. I lightly blush. Why am I blushing? This isn't why I'm Zane's head guard! I'm his head guard because I feel nothing, which is true. I could kill without feeling bad. I really couldn't feel anything, I've never really been interested in something.

I stare at Garroth's light blue eyes, they twinkled brightly. I turn and begin to run his hand still in mine. I let go of his hand reluctantly for some reason I didn't want to let go. I run gradually getting faster, I stop seeing the ruins of an abandoned village, "where are we?" Garroth asks, "I don't know, ruins of a village. And no we're not lost." I tell him sensing him tensing from fear he relaxes from what I said. That was another reason I was head guard. I could tell if people were afraid knowing what and what not to say. I can also tell when they're lying.

"Oh, now why are we here?" He asks, "now aren't you a Curious George?" I say jokingly. He gives a small chuckle. "I brought you here to ask some questions." I answer. "I'll only answer your questions of you answer mine." He says, "deal." I reply. "Why Phoenix Drop?" I ask, "w-what?" He asks, "Why Phoenix Drop? Out of all the places you choose to live after you ran away, Phoenix drop? Why?" I ask, "oh, I wanted a place where no one who could recognize me." He answers, "then why didn't you just change your name? Or lie about your name?" I ask, " I wanted sone memory of my past." He replies, "my turn. Why did you keep Zane from taking me back?" He asks, "simple, I'm interested in you." I say, he gives a small noise of surprise, "I'm sorry but we technically just meet and-" he begins uncomfortable but I cut him off, "not like that, you interest me, how you ran away just because you didn't want to marry a girl. Just because you never meet her." I explain.

"Oh, well would you want to marry a complete stranger?" He asks, "I wouldn't care." I reply, "huh? A complete total stranger? You wouldn't care?" He asks, "nope, I don't believe in love." I reply. "Hmm." He replies looking at his feet. "It's amazing really." He says. "Huh?" I ask, "I think I'm in love, but I've never been in love and what I'm feeling, it's great." He answers. I sit there quietly, "it's just the feeling you get when you're around the person you're in love with." He explains. "Eh, I still don't believe it, I think "love" is just an imaginary feeling people's mind creates." I explain. "You've never felt love?" He asks, "n-no." I reply quickly, "not even your mom and dad." He asks. "It's hard to love someone who doesn't exist." I answer, "oh." He answers understanding I didn't have parents.

"Who is it your in "love" with." I ask, "oh her." He blushes, "Ap- wait! Why am I suddenly your best friend? Your the enemy! You literally work with Zane! I shouldn't be telling you anything!" He says, "I'm supposed to be guarding!" He says, "why would I save you then?" I ask. He doesn't reply. He just stands there staring at ha feet, "I have to go." He says walking away not waiting for my reply. Leaving me alone siting on a branch, my h/c flowing with the light breeze. I feel my e/c eyes water, why am I crying? I'm not supposed to feel anything! I hastily wipe the tears away and climb the tall tree to the tip top, taking in the view. Why aren't I amazed? Aren't I supposed to loose my breath from the beauty? I sit on the branch. Staring, waiting for me to see the beauty of the view.

------------------------

Hey guys! Here's a chapter hope you enjoyed! Bye, Nya!