Hard Times

I looked at the country setting aswe drove onto towards my best friend's house. The green land stretched out far, with the only things in them being small farm houses and cattle. It was beautiful, but it wasn't really for me. I was more a town girl, because I like being around people and feeling safer in more large crowds.

I brushed my long black hair off my shoulder and sighed. I couldn't wait till I got there, since I haven't seen Wynter in a week, and I missed her a lot.

When my mum and I finally got to my friends house, Wynter decided to run out the door to greet me. Her curly blonde hair dangled behind her and her brown eyes were lit up with excitement, and I'm sure mine were too. I hopped out of the car and smiled.

"Annabel Maria Sofie Ray why did it take you so long to get here?" Wynnie hugged me. I laughed and hugged back, telling her it takes 40 minutes to get here and she only called me an hour ago to invite me over. She shrugged it off and we headed inside, waving to my mum as she drove off first.

"So, hows it been being all isolated here?" I joked as we headed through the house towards her bedroom.

"Horrible. It gets so boring with only my brother as company. The only time I feel entertained is when Jersey Shore is on, and thats only one a week!" Wynnie exclaimed, sending me into a little laughing fit.

When we walked through the kitchen, I spotted Wynnie's older brother Aaron. He and Wynnie looked almost exactly alike, but Aaron was 6"2 and much more muscular. He looked at us with his brown eyes and remembered why I had had a crush on him ever since the start of this year. He was hot. But he was also 17 and my best friends brother, so he was off limits.

"Could you ladies give me a hand?" He asked, holding up a pot filled with what I'm assuming is 5 minute noodles according to the packet and mess on the counter.

"How could you possibly need our help with cooking this?" I laughed and walked over to the pot and opened it to reveal burnt noodles.

"I'm not the best at this cooking thing, but I was hungry." Aaron shrugged and started to stir the noodles in the pot until I took the wooden spoon off of him and started to pour the wasted food into the sink.

"Well, if you ate this, you would die. Just eat something out of the pantry if you really are that hungry." I said and Wynnie grabbed my hand, pulling me towards her room asking why I was helping her brother.

"He's just an idiot, anyway." Wynnie explained. "I don't know why we bother. Besides, there was plently of other food he could have ate without destroying our kitchen."

We spent the rest of the night laughing and joking about nothing in particular. Wynnie's parents were away for the weekend and only Aaron was here to 'supervise' us. She also said she payed Aaron to go out and buy some beer for us.

"What? Wynnie, do you know how much trouble he could get in for buying drinks for us?" I shouted.

"He won't get busted! It's not like he's going to walk in and say 'Hmm, gee, I wonder what beer the underage girls would like?'" Wynnie mocked her brothers voice. "Plus, he's going to have some, too."

"So we're all going to end up drunk?" I asked.

"He's also inviting some of his friends over for a sort of party, which will be cool because they are going to be a lot of hot guys." Wynnie grinned. "Wild high school parties are the best, I hear."