-Chapter1-

Delilah's POV

"Delilah!!! I'm not going to tell you again! Get up!" My mom yelled from the top of the stairs.

Today is the day I've been waiting for, for the past 4 years of my life. Today I am moving to college. 6 hours away! Words can't describe how excited I am for freedom. High school did not treat me well and I'm ready for a fresh start.

I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and just laughed. My morning look is a sight! I stripped and hopped in the shower. I lathered myself in body wash and shampooed/conditioned my hair. As I was just relaxing in the steaming hot water I can't help but think of the next few years of my life.

Will I make new friends? Are people going to like me? Is the work load going to be too much? Will I eventually end up missing my parents? Will I meet a boy?

I got out of the shower, blow dried my hair and got dressed. I got my curler out and curled my long blonde hair into loose waves. I contoured my face a little bit and did my usual eye makeup- eye shadow, eye liner and mascara. I put on white skinny jeans and a grey crop top with my grey high top converse.

Thankfully I packed all my boxes in my car last night so I wouldn't have to wake up even earlier to pack up. I walked down my stairs and saw my mom crying on the couch.

"What's wrong?"
"I just don't know if I'm ready for my only baby girl to leave me. I-I'm gonna miss you Delilah." She choked out.

"Oh so now you want to be nice?" I thought. When reality hits my mom or when she wants something, she changes her attitude towards me. Other than that, I'm the daughter that her and my father had as an "accident." I have two older brothers who are 9 and 7 years older than me. Let's just say my parents hit it off one night on their anniversary away from home without the boys. I've been the "baby" my whole life being substantially younger than my other siblings.

"Well yeah, mom. I need to leave now if I want to make it to Athens on time. Where is dad?" I said, ready to leave.

"He's outside checking your car before you leave."

We both went outside. I got in my car and rolled the windows down to look at my parents, trying to bypass the tearful hugs they would give me.

"My baby girl... I'm going to miss you." My dad said, on the verge of tears.

"I'll miss you too dad. I need to leave."

"Delilah, c-call me right when you get there s-so I know you're okay. C-come home soon please." My mom said... Still crying.

"I will. Bye mom, dad."

I rolled the window up, plugged in my aux cord and started down the road to the next 4 years of my life.