-Chapter12-

Delilah's POV

I rolled over and rested my head on Grayson's chest. I couldn't feel his heartbeat in sync with my own. Before we got back home tonight, I was exhausted. Yet, now, I'm wide awake.

"Do you regret it?"

That was a hard question. I definitely do not regret it. But. I might be pissed that I gave in once Grayson breaks my heart. "Honestly, no. Not at all." I looked up and captured his lips with a kiss.

"Delilah... That was the best sex I've ever had. I can tell you right now that it will never get old..."

I gave him a soft smile and just laid my head back down. I was deep in thought. Thinking about the future with Grayson. I can't. The past is pulling my back, invading my thoughts. The day I walked in on him haunts me. I can't go further without knowing why.

"Grayson... Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, shoot babe."

"A few months ago... When I walked in on you and that girl. I hope you know that you broke my heart. I finally let myself begin to trust you. Why? Why did you do that to me?" I was on the brink of tears.

"I never got to explain to you what happened. That was my ex, Ashley. She came and told me that she missed me and that she still loved me. But she kept getting physical when I told her it was over. She told me that I was too focused on school and LAX and that I needed a distraction. I guess I gave in. I was such an asshole for that. You have no clue how much I wish I didn't do it. I'm so sorry, Delilah. I haven't talked to her since."

"It's okay it's not like we were official then. I mean, we aren't even official now. I just needed closure."

"I know, I know." He rubbed my back. "Delilah I hope you understand how much I need you right now. In more ways than one. I don't know what I would do without you donating to Ethan. I can't even begin to think about it. Delilah... If I lose him...." I felt a warm tear fall. I feel so bad.

"Grayson, don't think about that. Ethan is going to be okay. It's alright. We will get through it."

Grayson wrapped both arms around me, embracing me in a hug. "You are so amazing."

I smiled and looked up to him, "race you to the shower!" And I took off running.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Today I have class, thankful Grayson didn't so he could go to the hospital with Ethan. We try to have one of us there with him everyday so he isn't alone.

"I'll text you after class and head to the hospital." I reached up and kissed Grayson goodbye.

"See you later, babe. Be careful"

I walked out the door and towards my car. All I could think about is how sore my legs are.. I mean a kind of sore you don't get when you workout. I've never felt this way. I love it. I drove to Miley's dorm complex go pick her up for class.

"Wow... You're seriously glowing, Delilah. I haven't seen you even crack a smile since Ethan's been in the hospital!"

I just laughed. "I had a good night." I gave her a sly wink.

"Oh. My. God. You did it didn't you?!? You lost your virginity..... The question is to who...."

"Haha yes. You don't know?!"

"Grayson?"

I nodded my head while Miley freaked out. "I'm so happy for you, girl. I mean... You're happy right?"

"Yes. Honestly I loved it and I'm so happy I gave that part of me to Grayson. He has been so sweet lately and I want to move forward with him. I like him, Miley."

"Good. I get to meet him soon. And his brother, Ethan."

I just laughed. It will be interesting to have my best friend meet the boy like. Hopefully she won't be too hard on him.

No matter how high I am right now, I still feel like I have something pulling me down. Bradley. I haven't let go of that relationship and I haven't even told Grayson the whole story. He probably thinks I'm nuts.

Miley and I went to our class and right now I'm feeling so overwhelmed. Finals are coming up and I'm likely to miss the review because I will be recovering from my procedure to donate my marrow to Ethan. It's totally worth it though.

After class, I texted Grayson.

"Just got out of class. On my way, you need anything?"

"Nope. Just you 😏"

I smiled and drove to the hospital. Once I got there I walked in and saw Grayson asleep on the couch.

"Let me guess... You kept him up all night?"

"Ethan!" I laughed and walked over to give him a hug. "How you feeling?"

"Pretty good for a guy that has cancer. They said I am already making improvements!"

"That's so awesome! My procedure is in a few days. I pray that it helps you a lot! I want you out of this stupid hospital so we can do things that are fun."

Ethan just nodded to me once he noticed he nurse come in.

"Grayson." I tried to wake him up. He yawned and quickly sat up once he saw the visitor.

"Miss Delilah, tomorrow morning we will start the transplant. I know it is sooner than we said, but Ethan needs this as soon as possible. We need you to stay over night tonight so we can monitor what you eat/drink and how you feel. Thanks for your donation, 'mam."

"Okay. That's fine." I'm kind of aggravated because why couldn't she given me a heads up? Thankfully I don't have class tomorrow. The nurse walked out and I let out a sigh and sat beside Grayson. He looked over at me and intertwined our hands.

"It's gonna be alright. I'll be with you the whole time."

I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. "I just wish she could have told me sooner.. You know how I am. I like to have everything planned out- I hate short notice."

"I know. Just think, this time tomorrow, you'll be saving Ethan's life."

That made my heart so warm and all the frustration I had built up faded away. That's the power Grayson had when he spoke to me. He made me feel so good.

We all ate dinner together and held conversation, with many jokes coming from Ethan. They placed me in a room at about 9:00.

"Go with her, Grayson. I'm good on my own tonight."

Grayson came with me and when he started to get situated for the night on the couch, I stopped him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Going to sleep? Are you alright?"

"No... You're sleeping up here."

Grayson just laughed at my neediness and crawled in the hospital bed with me.

"Are you nervous?"

"Of course I am. But all I am thinking about it helping Ethan."

"You know, Delilah... I've never met anyone like you. You are showing so much courage doing this for Ethan, if I was a match I would want to do it because I don't want you to have to go through the procedure."

"I know. It's okay, I can do it."

Grayson leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Let's get to sleep. We have a long day ahead of us."