Chapter 1

Thunder boomed loudly outside. My digital clock blinked 5:35. I groan, 10 minutes before my alarm for the second time this week. I search for my sweats but have no luck. I yawn and walk into my bathroom.

"Shit!" I hiss wincing at the bright light. My waist long Raven hair was a heap of....death.

"Gross" I mumble sitting on the cold as Santa's balls toilet seat.

"Twinkle Twinkle- thunk!

My song is cut short.

"Danny's up early" I scrub my hands.

"Hey Danny why you up- I search the darkness. My older brother wasn't standing on the other side of the door.

"Better not be tryna scare me" I growl padding down my stairs. I hum and sway my hips to

"Tangled" by "The Hics"

THUNCK! I snatch my headphones from my ears.

"Danny stop it you idiot- THUNCK! THUNCK!THUNCK I whip toward the kitchen entrance.

"Danny?" I reach for a kitchen knife.

"I'm not playin- a bloody shirtless man steps into the kitchen sucking on his blood soaked fingers.

"PAPA- his big hand crushes my windpipe. Tears fall down my cheeks.

"Please-don't beg me child" he hiss into my neck.

I whimper. He sits me on the counter. He scans me and his black eyes settle between my legs I try to close them but he already was pinching my area. I squeal and grip his thick wrist.

"Kittens? We'll have to change that" he chuckles. I hold back a moan. He suddenly yanks me forward. I place my hands on his chest.

"You look just like the woman- don't tell me that was your mom!" He howls in laughter.

I snatch my hands from his chest. They were soaked with blood.

"Mama" I whimper.

"The little one was a good snack!" Rage flows through me.

My fist slams into his throat. A loud gasp comes from him. I hop off the counter and grab the kitchen knife. My hair is yanked back. Black dots flash in the air. He pins me to the pantry door.

"as much as I would love to rip out that pretty throat of your I can't- his eyes snap to the. Knife I had pointed to his chest.

Oh!" He chirps.

He leans toward my neck.

"You wouldn't kill your mate now would you love?"

My breathing stops and I look to his eyes. He smirks down at me. Th knife slips from my fingers and-