The Masquerade Ball

Waking up for school, I go to my closet, and pull out a pink and grey shirt, with jeans, with a pair of pink converses and a baseball cap. I put my clothes on and head to the bathroom and wash my face and brush my teeth.

Oh I forgot, maybe I should introduce myself.

My name is Alessia and I'm 16 years old. I have brown hair and slim body and I only have one friend. Her name is Sara. We both go to St. Paul's Private School.

Before you say it, yes we are rich but we are not, as some people say, 'popular', because Sara and I are antisocial and are very different. Sara went through a lot and let's just say, it wasn't pretty.

"Breakfast is ready!" Mother calls.

My mother is famous designer. She designs clothes that most celebrities wear, so I don't get to see her that much. She must be staying for breakfast, then going to work.

Going downstairs to the kitchen, I grab a plate of Mary's omelet.

Mary has been the cook and my maid since I was 5 years old. She is one of my maids I can depend on. She takes care of me everyday and I consider her as my second mother, since my mother isn't around very much.

"Hey Mother and Mary." I say, as I pick up my fork and take a huge bite.

"Alessia, stop eating like a pig!" Mother says scolding me.

"Fine." I say with my mouth full.

My mother been scolding me for every little thing, since my dad died. My dad died when I was 10, which means his death was six years ago.

My mother has been drowning herself in her work ever since he died. She rarely comes home and cares about my well being, but that's okay I'm use to it. I practically depend on Sara and my maids.

"So... Are you going to the masquerade ball that one of my coworker's son is throwing?"

"Not planning on it." I say putting my dish in the sink and washing it.

"Well, you are, if you don't want to be grounded for two years, and why are you doing those dishes?That's the maid's job!"

"Whatever mother, I'll go to that pathetic ball. Also, I want to make the maid's jobs easier, instead of making their jobs a living hell, like you do." I say drying my dish and turning around to face her.

When I said that, I swear I could see steam coming out of her ears.

"You-"

"Your backpack is waiting by the door, for school, Alessia." Mary yells from a different part of the house, interrupting my mother.

"Thanks, Mary. I'll be on my way then." I yell back, walking to the front door and grabbing my backpack.

"This conversation isn't over!" Mother says getting her phone.

"It is now!" I say slamming the door and getting in my blue Nissan Altima.

                                      •••

Arriving at school, I park at my usual parking spot, next to Sara who's just sitting in her car fixing her makeup.

"Sara!" I speak, knocking on her car window. As I say that, Sara smears her lipstick and look like someone from the 1960s.

"Really Alessia?!!"

"Yep, you look better without makeup anyways," I say shrugging. "Now get out the bloody car!"

"Alright! Chill." She says getting out the car.