Untitled Part 1

Where do I feel safe? In the heavenly comforts of my small bedroom. My oasis,where I spend most of my time , with the best company I can ever have -- me !

  I lie on my bed , relaxed , like a security gaurd finally finished with his shift, after a long day. Staring up at the ceiling I try to see faces created by the intricate patterns on the wood. I hear the creaking windows that are wide open to politely permit pleasant , lovely , cool breeze into the  room, so , that it can tickle my body and further relax me.

When I deem my bed too hot and the breeze has halted its entering , I lean my cheek up close against the wall adjacent to the bed. Its cool caress is such a treat! The mint-green tiles that line the floor are probably just as cold or even a thousand times as cold as the forest-green wall , but their temperature is one I never feel, being surrounded by my pillows that are multi-colored mountains supporting my head  , neck and body.

Occasionally, I look around my room and see the desk full of stationery items, my chest of drawers and dressing table loaded with cosmetics and, of course , my bookshelf that is stacked with billions of wonderful books that I've read by fabulous authors :  Enid Blyton , Lewis Caroll and the Trinidadian writer Rosa Guy.

Yes, my bookshelf is my favorite corner in my bedroom. I enjoy selecting books from  the wooden shelf on weekends and going on adventures via reading. However, I prefer my room to those adventures.

My room is my  sanctuary where I am certain of my safety ; there is no danger . I am protected by its cosy atmosphere . Never worried or scared am I in my haven.