A Bitter Taste of the Past

Hey, did you notice? I changed the title and the cover :)

Sorry, it took so long, I've already started studying for finals and whatnot.

Disclaimer: Any similarities this book may contain are coincidental and unintentional. ['cause I mean, isn't the plot a bit cliche?]

Let's Begin~

•Kris's POV•

They fought everyday . And I was always caught in the middle. I would run to my room and cry; but their screaming could still be heard through the thin paper walls, and it scared me.They stopped smiling and laughing together, instead they would avoid each other every chance they got. I felt useless, because I didn't know what to do. And it frustrated me.Then one day, in the middle of the screaming, I ran. I ran for a long time. Time had ceased to exist for me. I felt nothing but pain carving it's way through my little heart. My legs and body were starting to ache painfully, but I was too far gone to care. I finally came to my senses when I realized I had stopped at a little old playground. A rusty old swing was creaking loudly, its chains clanking against each other leaving my ear with a painful ringing. I felt little droplets of water land on my head,  a faint roar boomed in the distance. I glanced around and caught sight of a dirt path winding down the side of a hill to my left. I trudged along the uneven path, occasionally losing my footing and stumbling. I finally reached a small clearing filled with pure white dandelions. Streaks of sunlight shined down on them, creating an ethereal glow around them. I made my way around them, carefully avoiding the soon-to-bloom plants. A small form was splayed on the ground like a starfish.

Oh. It's human. Or a panda...I wonder which one?

My tears were long forgotten, and my curiosity was rearing its ugly head in. I slowly walked towards the small boy. He wore a leather jacket with a white tee shirt under it, he also had black skinny jeans and hi-tops. He's definitely a panda.

" Uh hello? You've been standing there for 5 minutes, can I help you with something?"

The kid's soft voice barely reached my ears. I found it comforting and calming. "Mianhe, but what's your name?," I curiously asked.

"U-um, are you not scared of m-me?"

His dark eyes looked up at me, hence I was still standing in the same place since our conversation-if I could call it that- began. I then noticed the dark bags under his twinkling eyes. Oh. He definitely is a little panda.

"What do you mean? You look normal to me. Well to be more exact, you look cute and harmless," a burst of pink spread throughout his cheeks. He made a small pout and clenched his fists.

" Y-YAH! I'm a boy, don't say that!"

I blinked and a small smile grew on my lips, it then turned into a quiet chuckle. He slightly frowned. But I could see happiness dancing in his pitch-black eyes.

"I'm Huang Zitao, but you can call me Tao," he murmured.

" I'm Wu Yifan, let's be friends," I replied.

Present~

• Tao's POV•

" HAJIMA HYUNG! YAH YAH YAHHHHH!"

Everyone cringes at my wail.Chen took the stuffed panda I found in HiMi's room, I didn't think of her as the type to own cute stuff.I had it in my arms since we left her house. He runs around Jungkook and Jimin who are laughing at me. I pout slightly and groan a bit. I look at my hyungs, but everyone looks away. Mimi noona keeps walking. She's been ignoring us since we walked out of the coffee shop.I glance to my left and see Kris hyung with a faint smile on his face. His eyes are glazed over and his mind seems to be elsewhere. His expression looks relaxed, I wonder who's the one putting a smile on his face. I notice a crack on the sidewalk up ahead, and galaxy hyung  is still in his own little world. NOT EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND YOU HYUNG, NOTICE ME, I'M RIGHT HERE.

"-ey hey, Tao-ssi."

I hear Luhan's smooth voice calling me, I look to my left and see him looking at me with concern.

"Tao panda, are you okay?"

''I'm fine hyung, what do you mean?"

"Well, you didn-"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a figure running past and seizing Kris by the waist.

Ha, cliffhanger :^)

I messaged it was going to be extra long but it didn't work out...