We fell.. just like that

1

                                            Wake up!

My life is not the same, and it will never be.

I feel something strange, strange and new moving in my heart.

I don't know what happened, it doesn't make any sense.

You're lying there on the bed, eyes closed. You look so calm and peaceful; I'm trying to imagine that you're asleep, just sleeping and resting and that soon you'll open your eyes.

Your face is all bruised and cut, you're breathing through a respirator. A big bloody Band-Aid on the side of your forehead. Your chest is rising and falling as you breathe.

Does it hurt? Do all these needles that are piercing through your skin hurt?

It's painful to see you like this, so pale, so weak, machines surrounding you from every angle trying to save your life.

I just want you to open your eyes and wake up from this nightmare.

Your smile had vanished, the one that covered your face every day without leaving it. That contagious smile that affected everyone around you every time you entered a room.

Wake up!

PLEASE!

I've never told you how much you mean to me. I just didn't know how to say it, because you always say the right thing at the right time, and I just think that you deserve the best, that I wish I was Shakespeare or something so that I could write you a very long poem, to show you that I really, really like you.

It's weird; I've never been this weak before.

I just wonder if you feel the same towards me.

"Excuse me, you're not supposed to be here. It's family only" A nurse came to check on you, and she is putting a syringe in the tube that's connected to your wrist.

"um.. yeah I know, I was just.. I.. "

She finished with the needle and checked the respirator "You have to leave now"

I was so nervous that I didn't know that I said it till I saw the look on her face "I'm her boyfriend!".

"Oh, I'm really sorry, I didn't know" a look of sympathy crossed her face, "I'll give you five minutes then you'll have to leave, it's been a long day and she needs to rest" Then she looked at my clothes and I knew she recognized me "you should go home, take a shower and rest. You were very strong today, but there is nothing you could do more, we just have to wait and have faith."

So nurses and paramedics talk huh?

"Um, yeah sure, thank you" I gave her a smile as she left.

God, I'm stupid, I just lied to a nurse just to be here a minute longer. But she's right, I should change, I can't be in these clothes that are covered with your blood any longer.

Please wake up!

I don't know what I will do if something happens to you. I just can't imagine the thing that she did to you. HOW COULD SHE?! I swear to God I will kill her if anything happens to you.

But I know I can't do such a thing, so I beg you, wake up before I commit a crime here!

Look at us!

We were complete strangers months ago and now... I just don't know if I can go back to my old and lonely life. I can't go on without you.

So, please...

                                                                 Wake up....