Killer

Edit** The song of the story is officially Counting Bodies Like Sheep by A Perfect Circle. It fits their relationship, and its nice and violent for Jeffrey dearest. It's on the side, loves :*

Alise sighed, flinging her hair into a high ponytail and sliding into her jean shorts. True to his promise, when she got out of the shower the night before, Jeff was gone. He didn’t make any surprise visits in the middle of the night nor did she see any remnants of him going through her apartment. Satisfied with that, she was now getting ready for her coffee date with Kane.

Glancing at the clock and deciding she had a few minutes to spare, she turned to Andromeda who was lounging lazily on the couch. “Kitty want tuna?” she asked, smirking as the cat leapt to her feet, pouncing agilely to the floor and swiftly prancing over. Moving into the kitchen , she opened the can of tuna fish and set it on the counter. As usual, Andromeda jumped onto the counter and curved her body protectively over her treat.

“That’s just for being a good kitty and trying to protect mommy from that evil bastard who’s been sharing our house, hmm?” she pet her fur, scratching behind her ears as the cat purred appreciatively. “Atta girl,” she murmured, grabbing her small backpack she kept as a temporary purse.

Right on time, the doorbell rang. Skipping to it, she opened it with a bright grin. “Hey,” she greeted, eyes twinkling.

“Hey. Ready to go?” Kane asked, offering a hand to her. Alise nodded as she placed her hand in his palm and let him pull her out of her apartment. They began the walk to the small café a few blocks away from her apartment, chatting about nothing in particular.

Halfway to their destination, Kane stopped, smiling at her. “Wanna take a walk through the woods? I know a shortcut that leads right to Piccadilly Square instead of having to walk around,” he said, nodding in the direction of the forest. True to his word, there was a small path cut into the dense woods, however hard to notice. Eyeing him briefly, she smirked.

“Not going to try to kill me and hide my body, are you?” she questioned jokingly, already walking towards the woods. Due to his expression, she had a feeling that her dark humor was lost on him. Must be spending too much time with Jeff. I start to expect everything to be related to violence, she scowled internally. “Sorry, I was kidding,” she amended, tugging on his arm.

“Uh, yeah. It’s okay, I knew that,” he tried to cover up his shock, smiling brightly at her and leading her to the path. “You know, they say killers live in these woods,” he said in a spooky tone of voice, glancing t her passively. She scoffed.

“You shouldn’t listen to what people have to say. Most of them are stupid,” she grunted, rubbing the back of her neck. Kane looked at her oddly but ignored her cynical comment.

“You’re probably right. I doubt a bunch of murderers would live in here because of all the rumors there are. The cops would be all over this place if there was even an inkling of truth,” he muttered, sidestepping a large tree that had fallen over in the path. Listening, Alise heard a soft tinkling noise that sounded a lot like water.

“Kane!” she cheered, tugging on his upper arm. “I think there’s a stream somewhere around here!” she yelped excitedly, already trying to pull him from the trail. Kane’s protests were ignored; Alise had a secret passion for the outdoors, despite having been warned away from them at all costs by her conservative mother.

Ladies should not get dirty, Alise!

Alise, ladies do NOT play in the mud.

Alise! Must you run off into the woods? There are insects and creatures with rabies and—ugh!