The Park (3)

Dress at top

It'd been a week since me and Shawn's ice cream date, and we'd met up every day at the park to talk, so today was no different, no biggie. Still, I was nervous. I re-adjusted my dress for the hundredth time, anxious. Was it pretty enough? Was I?

Shawn appeared and I caught my breath a little. Stunning as ever, I noted. "Thanks." Shawn grinned, and I realized I'd said that out loud.

"U-Um." I managed, blushing furiously.

"You look good." He smiled, giving me a quick once-over.

"Thanks." I smiled, relaxing.

Shawn nodded, then sat on one of the swings. "No prob. Hey, how's your day been?" He studied me a little and then smiled and flicking a strand of my black hair over my shoulder.

"Good." I smiled. "You?"

"Good." He echoed softly. "Hey, you wanna here a song?"
I nodded and he started to sing.

I promise that one day I'll be around

I'll keep you safe, I'll keep you sound.

Right now it's pretty crazy

And I don't know how to stop or slow it down

He broke off and I grinned and clapped. But he was looking at me seriously, his brown eyes liquid chocolate, making my legs turn to jelly.

Slowly, He leaned in and kissed me. His lips were soft and warm, his breath cinnamon-scented and cool. Sparks rushed through me a warm fire filled my belly. "I like you." I murmured against his lips.