6

I take in a quick breath, did those three words actually just fall out of his mouth?

"What?"

I feel my heart grow deeper, no.

"You heard me the first time Y/N, I love you. And only you."

Shawn smiles softly, leaning down to kiss me.

I bit my lip unsure of what to do, I didn't wanna risk myself falling in love. But it's with Shawn.. Oh, fuck it.

I leaned up to meet his mouth and played along with his tongue. His lips got moist from my saliva, and his friend down there, risen. Our kiss was passionate, full of love, even if we were going to risk breaking each others hearts. I know he's worth it, the real question is, does he think of me the same? We pulled away slowly, his two front teeth biting on my bottom lip.

I smiled lightly, Shawn looked so happy. He knew I loved him, and he knows he loves me. Nothing in that moment could have gone wrong.. Until our front door burst open.

Oh shit.

"Y/N Y/L/N,"

He quietly said.

"I saw your text messages.."

His eyes begin to swell.

"I thought we actually meant something, not wasted time like you and this prick are."

Matt spat, I was in Shawn's arms still, Matt pointed at Shawn.

Shawn softly let go of my torso, and held my hand instead. I rubbed my thumb on his palm, soothing him. He kisses my cheek with a Matt fuming in front of us. I figured I should be the one to end it.

"Matt, I'm sorry. We were something, don't ever get me wrong. But I lost it with you.. I did love you at one time. I just seemed to have lost that love. Now I've found a new love with Shawn. Yeah, he has a name.

Newsflash. I didn't wanna hurt you, never did I intend too. I'll always care for you Matt, but you're not what I want anymore. And soon, I won't be what you want either."

I sigh, resting my head on Shawn's shoulder, he was so tall so I just laid my head on his chest.

Silence was suspenseful for a few minutes.

"B-But I love you."

Matt croaked, shaking his head. This is why I never wanted to tell him.

"Please don't cry over me, if you love me, you'd want me to be happy. And I'm happy with Shawn, one day you'll find someone who will give you the time I didn't give to you. And you'll look at them the way you used to look at me."

Matt held his tears, too tired to argue back. He left, closing the door quietly.

He's gone.

I bowed my head down, my heart was being crushed slowly telling him to leave. Even if it was indirectly. Shawn knew I was overthinking.

"Hey, hey, hey baby don't feel bad. He needed to know the truth. He needed to know that we both love each other. If he didn't, he'd be still at home, guilt being piled on you."

Shawn held my cheek, staring into my eyes.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, and reopened them to see a lovable Canadian ready to squeeze my cheeks. I nodded my head.

"I just never meant to hurt him, him and I had something so real. Now I'm with you and everything with you feels right. With him it made me feel like he was the only one seeing colors, and I just saw.. him."

Shawn pulled me in another embrace, rubbing my hair slowly.

"You both will be okay, I promise."